The fun begins when the WS is over and completed | Syracusefan.com

The fun begins when the WS is over and completed

CaliCuse

All American
Thats when a number of deadlines get on the calendar for offers made and accepted or otherwise. I have to wonder if the Yanks give Hughes an offer for fear he accepts. If its low enough and he takes it,however he could make it easier to trade for some minor league gamble.Let the dumping begin with Hafner Overbay, Joba, and no doubt one or two others. For the right kind of deal I can see Nunez being traded. I like his speed on the team and it does seem that his defense has improved marginally enough not to cringe when the ball is hit in his direction so maybe the price for him would be high in which case fine.

Thanks to you, the baseball fun never really ends. ;)

Thanks to you, the baseball fun never really ends. ;)
NOw I know that was a futile attempt at sarcasm but I try to make everything "fun."

NOw I know that was a futile attempt at sarcasm but I try to make everything "fun."
Futile is in the eye of the beholder.

Seriously, regarding your original post and your favorite player Phil Hughes, the Yankees don't get to choose the amount of any qualifying they might make to him; that number is determined by the Basic Agreement. For the 2014 season, the number is $14.1 million for free agents in his category. It is highly unlikely the Yankees go there, so relax.

As for Nunez, I hope they keep him around. He's young, fast, plays multiple positions, can hit and is cheap. With all the question marks on the left side of the infield, it would make sense to hold on to him.

As for Nunez, I hope they keep him around. He's young, fast, plays multiple positions, can hit and is cheap. With all the question marks on the left side of the infield, it would make sense to hold on to him.

Agreed.

Yankees re-signed SS Derek Jeter to a one-year, $12 million contract. Jeter could have opted for free agency if he did not accept a $9.5 million club option, but the Yankees bumped his salary up to $12 million just to make sure he'd stick around.

Yankees will save a couple mil in luxury tax by giving Jeter a new $12M deal. Had he triggered option, AAV of last deal would've been $14M+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom