The funny thing… | Syracusefan.com

The funny thing…

is if we go for it (which I would’ve) we are assuming Dino and his staff are able to manage the end of game to tie or win without messing it up.
Im not upset about the field goal. Fine. He missed it. Happens. Sucks.

the god damn time out. That just tells me they haven’t a clue.

I know I said I wouldnt post in another thread but the past one got deleted. Free pass.

Im not upset about the field goal. Fine. He missed it. Happens. Sucks.

the god damn time out. That just tells me they haven’t a clue.

I know I said I wouldnt post in another thread but the past one got deleted. Free pass.

I suspect the time out was because they wanted to talk about it; go for it or kick.

If the decision had been to go for it, we would have needed every second on the clock.

WhI want to know is did the holder really not get the laces turned away from the kicker on the FG attempt?

I suspect the time out was because they wanted to talk about it; go for it or kick.

If the decision had been to go for it, we would have needed every second on the clock.

WhI want to know is did the holder really not get the laces turned away from the kicker on the FG attempt?
We pay Dino to make said decisions. So we best hope thats not what the time was for. Not being prepared is an ultimate sin.

We pay Dino to make said decisions. So we best hope thats not what the time was for. Not being prepared is an ultimate sin.

You’re right. We do pay Dino to make those decisions. He made the decision.

Before the decision was final, he listened to his coaches.

On the previous play, 3rd and 2, we ran and only gained a yard. We weren’t exactly running through the Clemson defense in the second half.

The decision was to kick. If the holder didn’t spin the laces away from the kicker, hmmm….

listen to Dino’s presser and Shraders about the timeout discussion on whether to go for it or not. And yes the laces were facing Andre. There’s a picture in another thread.

168BDFA7-9758-46A2-B8A6-C84770DD3057.png

You’re right. We do pay Dino to make those decisions. He made the decision.

Before the decision was final, he listened to his coaches.

On the previous play, 3rd and 2, we ran and only gained a yard. We weren’t exactly running through the Clemson defense in the second half.

The decision was to kick. If the holder didn’t spin the laces away from the kicker, hmmm….
If he makes the kick Dino gifted them 43 seconds to try and get 30 yards and kick a FG. It's not like it was 3rd & 17, it was 3rd & 2 there is zero excuse to run the ol we called TO to think about it.

If that's the case then the issue is reemerging that they are unprepared and don't know what they are doing.

His excuse last week was they only decided to go for two because of the tucker TD.

How did he now have the mindset if we score a TD to go for two, you don't score a 96 yard TD drive after that fumble to kick an XP.

His decision when he went for 2 last week made no sense, Clawson is giving us a free point and he doesn't take it and actually costs us a point.

He can't say it was to protect against a Wake FG to win the game as there was over 10 min if I remember correctly and based on the way was going or pure math each team was likely to score again.

DB has zero clue what he is doing late in games, he is a deer in headlights and unfortunately the team has paid the price.

It's one thing to make mistakes but he makes a fool of himself every presser twisting himself into a pretzel trying to defend them and avoid taking any blame.

Last edited:
DB has zero clue what he is doing late in games, he is a deer in headlights and unfortunately the team has paid the price.
Sounds like we need to slip him a Mickey at halftime so he’s incapacitated by the 4th quarter.

listen to Dino’s presser and Shraders about the timeout discussion on whether to go for it or not. And yes the laces were facing Andre. There’s a picture in another thread.
why do you need a timeout to make such a decision? the thought of a 4th and short down 3 late, in long distance field goal position has never come up before? you are supposed to have thought these things through throughout your YEARS of experience and mix that knowledge with what you know about your current team, your current opponent, and the specific situation of the game you are in..and have that decision in the quiver ready to fire.

Kid didn’t even try to turn the laces.
I held in HS. Place and spin are one move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom