The future of the Dome... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The future of the Dome...

again you're not exactly comparing apples here (nor am I sure where you are getting your info like "most"). That said it just seems like a silly point that lawyers don't generally make a lot nor give a lot. I mean guys like falk, lampe, Barclay have all given a lot. How much did they just raise for dineen? Sucol is vital to the overall prestige of SU.
Look up your own stats. There are simply so many lawyers that the average earnings gets dragged down. That has always been the case for as long as I can remember, but go to it and see if you can find higher numbers somewhere.
Any professional school that is highly regarded will enhance the reputation of the university, but there is nothing special about law versus others. A top business school is probably far more beneficial giving wise.

The business school is ranked 79th and the law school 107th. I could be wrong, but it might be a much easier path to get the biz school into the top 50 than the law school.

Will likely be part of a Capitol projects master plan the school will unveil in May. It'll outline what projects the school will undertake over the next 10-15 years.

I would expect two specific outcomes. No new stadium, but plans for the most significant renovation of the dome ever. I think the new hard top and expansion of a wall to accommodate a media center and concessions is the likely they play here.

I also expect a retrenchment of the university - a direct about face from Cantor's expansionist viewpoint.

I saw Syverud speak recently - he used words like "excellence" and "quality". He did not use the words like "opportunity" and "inclusion". And said his #1 priority was to build the research programs.

In other words, you better up your SAT scores if you want in.

Which means they will need research administrators. That right there is the best bet for getting me back to CNY

Millhouse said:
lawyers in podunk towns don't make nearly as much as mbas at goldman mbas in podunk towns don't make nearly as much as mbas at goldman
exactly. Cuse needs a legit med/biz/law school

Crusty said:
Look up your own stats. There are simply so many lawyers that the average earnings gets dragged down. That has always been the case for as long as I can remember, but go to it and see if you can find higher numbers somewhere. Any professional school that is highly regarded will enhance the reputation of the university, but there is nothing special about law versus others. A top business school is probably far more beneficial giving wise. The business school is ranked 79th and the law school 107th. I could be wrong, but it might be a much easier path to get the biz school into the top 50 than the law school.
I would look at median numbers before I looked at mean. BLS numbers were around 130k I think for lawyers. The problem with measuring lawyers is that the skills are transferable into non legal jobs that aren't necessarily picked up. My overall point though was that I have no idea why one would think they're generally low earners (or poor givers) on the whole.

The last 10-15 years has wreaked havoc on the professional numbers. First they were cranking out a dime a dozen now they struggle for apps.

I probably don't disagree with your point about getting the schools to ascend in rankings although sucol was up there before (and their peer group in the 40s is pretty reasonable).