the glad they changed conf team | Syracusefan.com

the glad they changed conf team

upperdeck

Living Legend
Ok. is sitting at 4 wins they better beat S.Car this week because other than Maine they are dogs the other 4 games

USC is 3-3, good thing they got the good teams done because they are getting banged up and nothing will be easy for them down the stretch

Wash is 4-2. Will be dogs in 3 with the USC/UCLA games deciding if they get to 6 perhaps

UCLA is gunning for a 2-10 season

Utah is taking on water.

UCF is 3-3 they were everyones dark horse. they have ISU/BYU coming up

Utah/UCF winner might be the one that gets to 6 wins.

Ok. is sitting at 4 wins they better beat S.Car this week because other than Maine they are dogs the other 4 games

USC is 3-3, good thing they got the good teams done because they are getting banged up and nothing will be easy for them down the stretch

Wash is 4-2. Will be dogs in 3 with the USC/UCLA games deciding if they get to 6 perhaps

Utah is taking on water.

I’d guarantee that every one of the administrations of those schools are 100% confident they made the correct decision. Because its not even debatable - they did.

Since the options were to be on the outside looking in at power conferences (with a big risk of being left behind forever) OR jumping ship - and “stay in my same conference” wasn’t a viable long term option for any of those schools - I’m honestly baffled how anyone can think those school administrations would question for even a second the decision they made.

Utah is taking on water.

Long haul, of all those teams I think Oklahoma suffers the most. (Or falls hardest from where they traditionally have been) Top four in the SEC is hard for anyone.

In defense of Utah, they did just lose Cam Rising, so it should be expected they will have a rough remaining year.

I’d guarantee that every one of the administrations of those schools are 100% confident they made the correct decision. Because its not even debatable - they did.

Since the options were to be on the outside looking in at power conferences (with a big risk of being left behind forever) OR jumping ship - and “stay in my same conference” wasn’t a viable long term option for any of those schools - I’m honestly baffled how anyone can think those school administrations would question for even a second the decision they made.
USC and UCLA were in the drivers seat because they would bring great value to any conference. They were in no danger. They could have stayed in the PAC 12 and been fine.

Long haul, of all those teams I think Oklahoma suffers the most. (Or falls hardest from where they traditionally have been) Top four in the SEC is hard for anyone.
All these fan bases are gonna be super depressed for years when they consistently fail to compete for conference titles, let alone the playoffs. Smaller more regional conferences would be better for the sport.

USC and UCLA were in the drivers seat because they would bring great value to any conference. They were in no danger. They could have stayed in the PAC 12 and been fine.
You'd think. Except the Pac-12 couldn't find a windfall media deal even before those two left the league. I suspect that's largely because Larry Scott sucked.

Personally I think they should have used their leverage within the conference to force Scott out, and replace him with someone who'd work with the ACC on a merger. A 26 team bi-coastal conference would have been fantastic and lucrative.

Alas, everyone involved in college sports are idiots.

Texas already had the largest athletics revenue in the country when they jumped and started all the dominoes. So they just saw a way to get even higher revenues, and did. I don't really buy they had to, or else argument.

I was super positive on the ACC-Big10-Pac-12 response to the UT and OK moves to the SEC.
Despite the super long thread on it, they commissioners could not get there act together with a viable alternative. Would have been the best outcome for us. Maybe the B10 had one foot out the door and would not agree to anything reasonable, but if so, why even start the discussion.

Texas already had the largest athletics revenue in the country when they jumped and started all the dominoes. So they just saw a way to get even higher revenues, and did. I don't really buy they had to, or else argument.

I was super positive on the ACC-Big10-Pac-12 response to the UT and OK moves to the SEC.
Despite the super long thread on it, they commissioners could not get there act together with a viable alternative. Would have been the best outcome for us. Maybe the B10 had one foot out the door and would not agree to anything reasonable, but if so, why even start the discussion.
I think the B1G did that to keep everyone on hold until they made their move.

I think the B1G did that to keep everyone on hold until they made their move.
Keep your "friends" close and your enemies closer. It was a recon mission to see the weaknesses of those 2 conferences and they went for the jugular.

In defense of Utah, they did just lose Cam Rising, so it should be expected they will have a rough remaining year.
It’s insane he can get an 8th year. A 26 year old man playing against 18 year old freshmen is just ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom