The Good Ol Days... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Good Ol Days...

Well Im Assuming you are a SU fan since you are posting on a SU board. I'm typically happy for people when they realize and reach their goals. Most of these kids goals are playing in the nba and being paid to play in the nba...
As I said about Battle in another thread, I wish no ill will toward any of our former players and hope they have success in all of their endeavors. However, as a SU fan first, I care most about a players impact on our program. When players that have had little to no impact leave I don't remember or follow them as much as the guys that had bigger impacts. Have you followed Leron Ellis as much as you have Derrick Coleman? I doubt anyone has.

As I said about Battle in another thread, I wish no ill will toward any of our former players and hope they have success in all of their endeavors. However, as a SU fan first, I care most about a players impact on our program. When players that have had little to no impact leave I don't remember or follow them as much as the guys that had bigger impacts. Have you followed Leron Ellis as much as you have Derrick Coleman? I doubt anyone has.

This was from a few years ago if you or anyone did want a Leron update. :)

LeRon Ellis Arrested For DUI in February, Took a Really Bad Mug Shot, Has Aged Very Badly

when players stayed three or four years and a fan could really get to know and understand the roster.

Now, we have a roster and and incoming class that are huge unknowns. Can't really have meaningful sports chatter this off-season - only speculation about how things might play out.

This year is worse than most, but it is sad to see how quickly most guys come and go if they are halfway decent.

Yeah, there have been some recent exceptions - Rick, Arinze, Andy, and Scoop are a few that come to mind recently, but you just can't really get to know the team any more.

Yup, might as well put the numbers and names on the jerseys with velcro.

A

An with more and more people attending colleges, the value of the four year degrees are decreasing.
You're looking at it wrong. With more people attending college, not having a degree is more punitive than ever.

It's like not graduating high school 40 years ago.

You're looking at it wrong. With more people attending college, not having a degree is more punitive than ever.

It's like not graduating high school 40 years ago.
Nope. When has having more of something made it more valuable. Never.
People with trade training and experience are much better off in the job market than people with simple degrees that don't lead to professions. Soon, with the scarcity in trades, those with good training and skills will be making more than people with just bachelors degrees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom