The greatest shot in SU history? ... | Syracusefan.com

The greatest shot in SU history? ...

1) Perl from half court vs BC.
2) Billy Edelin's jumper to put us up by seven in title game with 2:04 left was huge.

1056s.jpg

Heh, I was gonna say Wallace against Georgia. Though Cipolla's allowed the Wallace shot to even occur . . .
if i'm using "what shot caused the most hysterical reaction" it was wallace. i was a junior and a bunch of us mobbed each other and started throwing anything breakable into the fireplace for no good reason. watching the national title game in the building felt like more relief than joy.

I remember my favorite Professor at SU Robert McClure walking into class after this game high fiving students.
Even though we didn't do squat in the NCAA Tournament that year and honestly no game in the 2003 NCAA Tournament was there "one" shot that made or broke a game. Cipola or Wallace from 1996 could be debated as better than this.

2 Shots. Neither of which were by Syracuse.
1. The blocked shot by Hak in the title game
2. Keith Smarts jumper which broke the hearts of Syracuse fans for a lifetime.

2 Shots. Neither of which were by Syracuse.
1. The blocked shot by Hak in the title game
2. Keith Smarts jumper which broke the hearts of Syracuse fans for a lifetime.
I guess you can add the Butler 3 point bank shot

you kids. The Syracuse shot of all time is very easy and hasn't been mentioned. Jim Lee's jumper against UNC that put us in the great 8. The thought of Syracuse beating UNC didn't register to anyone until that night in providence.

Jason Cipola's three, just sticks in my mind. What year was that? 1997?

While other shots were far more important...Wallace, Cipolla, GMac, etc...there is only one greatest shot ever. Pearls 1/2 courter vs. BC and him running straight to the locker.

And.it's.not.even.close.

Sent using my Commodore 64

you kids. The Syracuse shot of all time is very easy and hasn't been mentioned. Jim Lee's jumper against UNC that put us in the great 8. The thought of Syracuse beating UNC didn't register to anyone until that night in providence.
A sweet 16 game that wasn't even on TV in NYC. But I still remember the headline in the paper:
LEE'S POPPER BURIES HEELS
Jimmy Lee sure could shoot it.

That was my freshman year, the game was played over and over again in the lounge at Flint, and I couldn't stop watching. It's still one my favorite SU moments.

That was my freshman year, the game was played over and over again in the lounge at Flint, and I couldn't stop watching. It's still one my favorite SU moments.

I lived on top of Lawrinson.
The building literally was rocking.

But how about Rudy Hackett's push from the foul line in the regional final against Kansas State? It sent the game into OT at the buzzer.
That one is right up there with Cipolla's '96 hoop.

While other shots were far more important...Wallace, Cipolla, GMac, etc...there is only one greatest shot ever. Pearls 1/2 courter vs. BC and him running straight to the locker.

And.it's.not.even.close.

Sent using my Commodore 64
You know better than that. Pearl's shot, while great, was just that, great. Lee's shot put us on the map and helped take us to a place where we had never been before.

I lived on top of Lawrinson.
The building literally was rocking.

But how about Rudy Hackett's push from the foul line in the regional final against Kansas State? It sent the game into OT at the buzzer.
That one is right up there with Cipolla's '96 hoop.
I was going to say something about Rudy's shot but I give more credit to Bug williams and the full court drive.

Joel Schwartzer's two handed set shot that sealed the 1918 national title