The greatest shot in SU history? ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The greatest shot in SU history? ...

you kids. The Syracuse shot of all time is very easy and hasn't been mentioned. Jim Lee's jumper against UNC that put us in the great 8. The thought of Syracuse beating UNC didn't register to anyone until that night in providence.
Which one?

eh, the jumper that put us ahead in the last minute.

eh, the jumper that put us ahead in the last minute.
I know what you mean but my memory is that he hit about 20 shots that put us in the great eight. Every one was awesome.

Hopkins to McRae.

not really...but it was fun
That was my first su game in person. Was a high school senior and recently accepted. Probably still the best I've seen live.

How 'bout Leo Rautin's BET winning tip-in vs. Villanova in '81? 3 OT to boot.

Remember, I said stakes and degree of difficulty defined the shot...

David Johnson shot a 15-16 footer, while hanging in the air, over Alonzo Mourning (the best shot blocker of the decade from '85-95) to win the Big East Tournament. Time expired IIRC.

For me (and it sounds like I might be in the minority, which is fine) that is bigger than any half-court shot from Pearl or shot to win an NCAA game. DJ won SU another the BE Tourny Championship by besting Big John Thompson's newest incarnation of Patrick Ewing. Alonzo was made for that moment. Remember, in a strikingly similar scene, he blocked Princeton's last second shot to avert a monumental upset a few weeks (or was it a year?) later.

Go look the picture.
If DJ makes that shot 1/20 times I am shocked.

You know better than that. Pearl's shot, while great, was just that, great. Lee's shot put us on the map and helped take us to a place where we had never been before.

I said greatest not most important. Thread said greatest. With who it was, Pearl and his aura, and bring from 1/2 court, and him not breaking stride, I think that was the greatest. Not most important. Not most significant to the program. Not biggest. But greatest.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Remember, I said stakes and degree of difficulty defined the shot...

David Johnson shot a 15-16 footer, while hanging in the air, over Alonzo Mourning (the best shot blocker of the decade from '85-95) to win the Big East Tournament. Time expired IIRC.

For me (and it sounds like I might be in the minority, which is fine) that is bigger than any half-court shot from Pearl or shot to win an NCAA game. DJ won SU another the BE Tourny Championship by besting Big John Thompson's newest incarnation of Patrick Ewing. Alonzo was made for that moment. Remember, in a strikingly similar scene, he blocked Princeton's last second shot to avert a monumental upset a few weeks (or was it a year?) later.

Go look the picture.
If DJ makes that shot 1/20 times I am shocked.
I also rememer DJ in like 1990 making key foul shots under 5 sec to beat Duke in the only time I remember us playing them. I just missed the 66-67 game vs. Duke.

I said greatest not most important. Thread said greatest. With who it was, Pearl and his aura, and bring from 1/2 court, and him not breaking stride, I think that was the greatest. Not most important. Not most significant to the program. Not biggest. But greatest.

In the op's post he said consider the stakes and the degree of difficulty. Difficulty yes. Stakes, not even close.

What??? Why bring that here?? The nightmeres are down to one a week.
Maybe Jason Cipolla can help you out with some professional help

th

Another of my favorites didn't even count - I'll let someone guess which one that was.

Devo's end of regulation three vs. UConn that was waved off . . . would have been one of the all time great shots if it had counted, but by waving it off, the game became epic.

In the op's post he said consider the stakes and the degree of difficulty. Difficulty yes. Stakes, not even close.

You're the only one arguing someones opinion.

Another of my favorites didn't even count - I'll let someone guess which one that was.
Red Bruin's dunk at DePaul, after the buzzer (when they were good)?

He was up so high left arm pit hairs in the net hooks.

Red Bruin's dunk at DePaul, after the buzzer (when they were good)?

He was up so high left arm pit hairs in the net hooks.

Good try but it only took Moqui one minute to get it right..

Pearl's was #1, IMO- but there's this:

And I also remember a buzzer-beater by Janulis...forget the opponent.

Pearl's was #1, IMO- but there's this:

And I also remember a buzzer-beater by Janulis...forget the opponent.
vs Iona in the NCAA. SU was down one with the clock winding down. Burgan was rejected at the rim, got his own rebound and found Janulis outside for 3.