"The Hiemer" | Syracusefan.com

"The Hiemer"

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
What's up with Raftery saying this time and time again this past year? Seems like a jab or disrespectful to me. Maybe it's nothing but it kind of irks me and I like Raftery, have met him, etc.

It's just Raftery being Raftery. I love the guy. Even more importantly, I always feel like we will play well when he calls the game.

Im fairly sure that it is a term of endearment. I think Raf knows him very very well.

Im not sure what to think. I kind of like Raftery, and really, WINNING just makes all the things like that less noticeable to me

It's all in good fun -- from Lenn Robbins piece on Boeheim from yesterday:

“We were playing in a golf tournament at the Hall of Fame a few years ago and we didn’t have clubs and shoes,’’ Boeheim’s longtime friend and CBS/Turner college basketball announcer Bill Raftery said.

“They got us clubs, but I didn’t have shoes. So Jimmy asks me what size I wear. I tell him 11-and-a-half. He loans me a pair of shoes. And every time I line up a putt I say, ‘Jimmy, your shoes are whining.’ Then I put my arms at my sides with the palms up like he always does when he’s complaining about a call.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/crusty_boeheim_still_going_strong_FpytMST4CooGE89c2bHpQP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom