The Jim Boeheim Show - before Lafayette | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - before Lafayette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I mean some of us had a personal hell to live through far beyond just inconvenience these past two years. It's definitely it's a poor take.

I'm not gonna bore everyone with my own saddest/crappiest year on record but we do know.
I don’t see how it’s a poor take. Just because a lot of us when through personal issues related to this doesn’t mean it wasn’t difficult for others in some way or some form. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

And unless you went through it with the team then you do not in fact know how difficult it was related to Syracuse basketball. People here seem to be trying to find a reason to get upset. I don’t see any issue at all with that comment.

I don’t see how it’s a poor take. Just because a lot of us when through personal issues related to this doesn’t mean it wasn’t difficult for others in some way or some form. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

And unless you went through it with the team then you do not in fact know how difficult it was related to Syracuse basketball. People here seem to be trying to find a reason to get upset. I don’t see any issue at all with that comment.

Perspective isn't cured by semantics. And terming it issues is pretty disrespectful to address something you don't know about.

It's a fair call out. Getting upset about it vs calling it out- different as well.

He was wrong about both. Carey played 27 mins and scored 16 pts and shot 6-9. Goodine was their 3rd leading scorer with 12 points on 5-9 shooting including 2-5 from 3.
he was referencing other games. i looked up the exhibitions for those two and they barely did anything in at least 1 game each, if not more...though they did have the 2 games you reference as well.

for example goodine was 0-2 in 8 minutes in a recent scrimmage vs purdue...seems to have been more of the starting lineup in that game...did well against stonehill (who???????) ...zilch against an actual D1 team .

same story for carey against D1 st johns he barely played and didnt do anything - 3 pts 2 TOs in 11 min. ...but yeah against johnson and wales (who?????????????) he put up stats...... smh

Thanks.

JB really needs to concentrate on his own team, every time he brings up last years players he puts more and more pressure on Joe
Well clearly he wasn’t that focused on them seeing as he got the numbers wrong lol

he was referencing other games. i looked up the exhibitions for those two and they barely did anything in at least 1 game each, if not more...though they did have the 2 games you reference as well.

for example goodine was 0-2 in 8 minutes in a recent scrimmage vs purdue...seems to have been more of the starting lineup in that game...did well against stonehill (who???????) ...zilch against an actual D1 team .

same story for carey against D1 st johns he barely played and didnt do anything - 3 pts 2 TOs in 11 min. ...but yeah against johnson and wales (who?????????????) he put up stats... smh

Those weren’t exhibition games. Check their schedule. Secret scrimmages are just that, scrimmages so he should have said that.

Perspective isn't cured by semantics. And terming it issues is pretty disrespectful to address something you don't know about.

It's a fair call out. Getting upset about it vs calling it out- different as well.
“Terming it issues is disrespectful”….Please. Stop finding something to get upset with. Issues, problems, situations, whatever you want to call it people had them in many different forms and ways last year. I’m sure it was difficult for Syracuse basketball in certain ways just as I’m sure it was difficult for everyday ppl in other ways. Once again, they are not mutually exclusive.

“Terming it issues is disrespectful”….Please. Stop finding something to get upset with. Issues, problems, situations, whatever you want to call it people had them in many different forms and ways last year. I’m sure it was difficult for Syracuse basketball in certain ways just as I’m sure it was difficult for everyday ppl in other ways. Once again, they are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah multiple deaths is just an issue or situation . Gosh darn me for not understanding that the difficulty of an athlete during a pandemic is so unique as to be worse than that. I'll be kind and just say maybe try and take a step back. Clearly you weren't getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom