The Jim Boeheim Show - before Pittsburgh II | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - before Pittsburgh II

If Sid is healthy, it will be Sid and Marek on the floor at the same time. Marek will slide to the 5 when Sid sits. Not commenting on whether that is the best use, only that this is what I think/know JB will do.
I think you’re right. Unfortunately, I’m not confident Sid makes it back for us to see.

We play our best guys. Joe would get the call over Kadary based on free throws, although Kadary isn’t bad.

Guess JB's response assumed that SU is ahead at the end of the hypothetical close game(?)
Clarification (ie: ask who best guys are when SU behind) would have been an interesting follow-up.

It never ceases to amaze me how many hall of fame coaches comment here. The football side also.

JB, (politely): “Buddy wasn’t tired. He had their best defended on him and had two shot that went in and out. Most teams play 6-7 guys. Kids can play minutes. We’ll play Robert Braswell and one of our young centers. Kadary is making good progress. His playing time is dependent on how well he plays. Pitt lays off of him and makes him shoot it.”

So JB saw that UNC had changed their defense pattern, meaning one of his most potent offensive weapons wasn't effective, and just rolled with it, because 'spacing'?

These rationalizations from Jim are getting harder and harder to defend. Maybe that's why Townie72 hasn't been seen in these parts in an age.
Buddy took only 3 shots in second half - offense went through Q because he had a mismatch with big guy on him - unc put their best defender on buddy and was also cheating on him with help - this creates opportunities for others - Q took advantage - you complain when buddy shoots too much and if he defers - you think offense would be better with him off the floor and leaky black on Q ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom