The Jim Boeheim Show - before Wake Forest II | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - before Wake Forest II

Thanks as always for the recap, SWC. Here are my much anticipated top 5 howler power rankings for this week.

1. The whole discussion around criticizing Jesse Edwards

Congratulations for not being 100% negative in your postgame comments about our dunking Dutchman!

2. "In recent years we haven’t had the talent level. But we’ve had guys drafted that nobody thought would be drafter – Jonny Flynn, Tyler Ennis, Oshae Brissett."

Nobody thought RSCI #20 Jonny Flynn and RSCI #23 Tyler Ennis would be drafted...huh? And Oshae Brissett...wasn't drafted.

3. "What I don’t think you and media people understand is that Steph Curry went 1 for 13 in a recent game but the Warriors still won that game because he had 8 rebounds and 9 assists. Guys miss shots sometimes."

We understand that. The problem with this team is we have too many players that don't contribute in areas other than shooting. It would be nice to have more guys that put up numbers outside of scoring.

4. John in Syracuse wonders why we aren’t focusing on getting to the line more and settling for jump shots. JB: “You just answered you own question. We aren’t great on the drive. Buddy does it 2-3 more times than before. Cole is not a driver."

True, one would think it would benefit everyone to build the offense more around passing and off-ball screens.

5. "Jimmy was not in our plans. He would have been happy to play 18 minutes a game coming off the bench.”

Lol. dasher knew Jimmy was part of the plans last February. And would JB have been happy with JB the younger playing 18 mpg?

Didn't even get to the predictions about next year's lineup, not needing mental counselors or sports psychologists on staff, or the man-to-man discussion. This was a juicy one.

2. "In recent years we haven’t had the talent level. But we’ve had guys drafted that nobody thought would be drafter – Jonny Flynn, Tyler Ennis, Oshae Brissett."

Nobody thought RSCI #20 Jonny Flynn and RSCI #23 Tyler Ennis would be drafted...huh? And Oshae Brissett...wasn't drafted.

Yeah, and JB wasn't a fan of him going pro at the time and felt he would strongly benefit from coming back for his junior year...so there's that. Some snippets from an April 2019 article.

Boeheim thinks Brissett can bounce back next season and put himself in position for the 2020 NBA draft.

“He struggled shooting the ball, but he can shoot it,’’ Boeheim said. “He will be able to shoot it. He should be back, so he can do that.’’

Boeheim said he would like to see Brissett, who is listed at 210 pounds, add some strength to his frame.

Boeheim also predicted improvement in Brissett’s shooting percentages. “He can improve all his numbers,’’ Boeheim said. “He will shoot between 75 and 80 percent from the foul line next year. He’ll shoot 34 or 35 percent from the three next year. "If he just plays his game, he can have a really good year next year.’’

Yeah, and JB wasn't a fan of him going pro at the time and felt he would strongly benefit from coming back for his junior year...so there's that. Some snippets from an April 2019 article.

Boeheim thinks Brissett can bounce back next season and put himself in position for the 2020 NBA draft.

“He struggled shooting the ball, but he can shoot it,’’ Boeheim said. “He will be able to shoot it. He should be back, so he can do that.’’

Boeheim said he would like to see Brissett, who is listed at 210 pounds, add some strength to his frame.

Boeheim also predicted improvement in Brissett’s shooting percentages. “He can improve all his numbers,’’ Boeheim said. “He will shoot between 75 and 80 percent from the foul line next year. He’ll shoot 34 or 35 percent from the three next year. "If he just plays his game, he can have a really good year next year.’’
I've said this before, but Oshae sticking on a roster surprised me a lot and is a big time credit to him.

there were posts in December of 2020 saying he was coming here. It’s nonsense

And there were posts saying he wasn’t.

Quincy left because he got sick of the hard coaching and drama. JB wanted him to play his way which would help Syracuse but not his pro potential. I am going to leave the stuff said to him off the board.

He was the one who tried to help Woody at that practice and you know what happened at practice you get the info.

Newton was discussed but we had people saying Kadary play at the end of the season wasn’t good and Joe was the better option.
The idea that because Joe got assists on made 3’s in the NCAAT and that inflated his assist total was an actual argument in that thread.
the vast majority of posters—and even former Cuse players—were on the Kadary train last year. That he should be the starting PG over Joe—or at least getting the majority of the minutes there. Not sure what you’re harping at here.

the vast majority of posters—and even former Cuse players—were on the Kadary train last year. That he should be the starting PG over Joe—or at least getting the majority of the minutes there. Not sure what you’re harping at here.
Read the thread you will see whom i am talking about. My take is you will figurs out my point.

As I read JB's latest reflections (thanks as always SWC75!) these lyrics came to mind-

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll make it clear
I'll state my case, of which I am certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more
I did it, I did it my way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much, much more
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
And through it all, whenever there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it, did it my way
I've loved, laughed and cried
I had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside
I find that it's all so amusing
And to think I did all that
And may I say not in a shy way
No, no, not me
I did it my way
For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has naught
Not to say the things that he truly feels
And not the words of someone who kneels
The record shows I took all the blows
And did it my way
I was thinking this.

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die
This is the end

As I read JB's latest reflections (thanks as always SWC75!) these lyrics came to mind-

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll make it clear
I'll state my case, of which I am certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption