The Jim Boheim...errr...Beoheim Show (11/19/18) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boheim...errr...Beoheim Show (11/19/18)

I am not saying don’t recruit for the zone but maybe do what they are finally doing now and sprinkle in some offense.
I am sorry but our offense should not look as bad as it has the since 2012.
If we had just a decent offense in 2013 that D wins a NC.
The halfcourt offense has been atrocious far too long.

Alright agree to disagree. I think Battle and Brissett weren't just zone recruits and you don't. We aren't going to agree on that.

I do agree that they aren't playing well.

Anyway - I still think the trajectory is good now because those guys are getting back into game action.
to be clear, though: only one of the three - the true freshman - has gotten back into consistent game action. the other two are still way behind

Potentially dangerous?! I almost spit out my coffee. I agree not having him is problematic but you gotta pump the brakes a bit. Frank back COULD get the offense to an average level and a more even playing field. Buddy isn’t going to be playing that much and the Centers are still as raw as tartare. But we must call it how it is and even how Boeheim called it quasi-warning us. This was probably the worst offense in the P5 WITH Frank. I posted the exact number yesterday. We were like 179 in the country in Floor % I think it was AT the pace we played at which is incredibly inefficient. We aren’t adding transcendant players or All-Americans. Potentially dangerous is never happening this year. I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong. Can we be better? Yes of course but an average offense is about the ceiling, IMO. We should be a decent team with that and a good defense again.
Maybe we can bring in Clay Helton to help us. Now there is a guy that knows how to get the most out of kids. Just kidding sobe. I do think Frank back will help as it has thrown a lot of people into roles they were not intended for, kind of like when a closer gets injured and you move every guy in the pen up. The idea that we are going to get Frank back and all of the sudden score in bunches I think is pretty crazy. I do think we can be a good offense team (even with running this offense) if players get more comfortable in their roles. I feel like Tyus having to play point has really hurt him psychlogically. If we can get Battle and Brissett playing better with Howard back I think we will be ok. I don't have issue with Hughes and think he will be better as the year goes on and I like Carey.

Actually, i didn't say those things. Jim did.
Jim has a habit of backtracking previous comments. Preseason he said they were much further ahead because everyone came back. It’s looking as silly as his prediction that the AW3 roster could be one of his best teams ever, or something to that effect.

Jim has a habit of backtracking previous comments. Preseason he said they were much further ahead because everyone came back. It’s looking as silly as his prediction that the AW3 roster could be one of his best teams ever, or something to that effect.

Or your 12-19 iggy prediction from last year that you then claimed you weren't taking that seriously.

yay! more hopelessly irrelevant football analogies!
I thought defend the Wall was known.
The nice definition is to defend someone from criticism.

The QB analogy was for SWC. Who brought Dino into this.

The point was that a good coach adjusts his scheme to his players, which is surely true in every sport. he also recruits for the scheme he likes but recruiting is imperfect and in Dino's case he adjusted to a player he inherited. JB surely recruits for the zone but he didn't recruit White or Gillon for that purpose so that's not his only criteria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom