the lack of a playmaker | Syracusefan.com

the lack of a playmaker

upperdeck

Living Legend
NW won the game because theirs made a few plays
USC won because theirs made 6-10 plays and turned them into 70 yd plays.

we really get most of whatever the play calls leave open and very little after that.. I think Gulley might be the only one who has really made plays out of nothing.. Broyld has a chance but hasnt really gotten much of a chance in space.

Spot on... We have to work for our points but they can get them on one play without even trying. That has been the difference between winning and losing the past two weeks.

I am starting to see game breakers in PTG, Sales, Kobena who is open every play... The question is whether Nassib get them the ball consistently enough.

It's amazing how much we parallel NY State's other real football team the Buffalo Bills... They also have to rely on a spread hurry up offense, very few game breakers and a very inconsistent QB, a total lack of success this century after glory days in the 90s... It's so great to be a fan of both.

Spot on... We have to work for our points but they can get them on one play without even trying. That has been the difference between winning and losing the past two weeks.

I am starting to see game breakers in PTG, Sales, Kobena who is open every play... The question is whether Nassib get them the ball consistently enough.

It's amazing how much we parallel NY State's other real football team the Buffalo Bills... They also have to rely on a spread hurry up offense, very few game breakers and a very inconsistent QB, a total lack of success this century after glory days in the 90s... It's so great to be a fan of both.

Are you really unconvinced that Nassib can get them the ball? I'm not--I think he's been pretty damn good both games, including today's performance. Despite the slow first half.

How the hell has nassib been inconsistant?! Other than a couple overthrown balls he was spot on.

Crack heads! There's lots of playmakers on this team that's why they average more then 500 yards/game. Some people are never happy!

How the hell has nassib been inconsistant?! Other than a couple overthrown balls he was spot on.

Umm pretty much he entire first half he was really poor... Perfecf example in the second half was the over throw of a wide open Kobena and missing a wide open cutler on one of the 2 point conversions. He makes some amazing throws like the skinny post but misses wide open easy ones.

Entering this season, I was greatly concerned about playmakers [or lack thereof]. Our RB stable was COMPLETELY unproven. Lemon is very good but a possession type receiver, and Sales hadn't played in a year. West was inconsistent, Kobena hadn't done much, Wales only had 3 catches [or whatever] last year.

Two games into the season, I am a lot less concerned. I think our RBs are more than up to the task, and that PTG might be above average.

Sales and Wales have been studs, West looks good, we've seen some potential from Kobena / Clark, and Lemon got back and made an impact today.

I don't think we have gamebreaking talent by any means; and I'm not sure that Funderburk is that type of talent, either, for next year. Not saying he won't be, just that he's an unknown commodity. Heard good things about true frosh Cornelius and Lewis in preseason camp, which was encouraging.

But several players have stepped up this year and emerged as important playmakers--probably moreso than anyone could have optimistically predicted / expected. And I'm pleased to say that one of those players has been our much maligned QB, who has been outstanding thus far.

The good news is we are compensating for lack of playmakers with a hurry up offense and a vertical passing game. What really gives me hope is that there are open receivers against a talented D, couldnt say that last year. Kobena, Sales, West, Lemon, Stevens are all creating separation... That wil make Nassib a much better QB

Entering this season, I was greatly concerned about playmakers [or lack thereof]. Our RB stable was COMPLETELY unproven. Lemon is very good but a possession type receiver, and Sales hadn't played in a year. West was inconsistent, Kobena hadn't done much, Wales only had 3 catches [or whatever] last year.

Two games into the season, I am a lot less concerned. I think our RBs are more than up to the task, and that PTG might be above average.

Sales and Wales have been studs, West looks good, we've seen some potential from Kobena / Clark, and Lemon got back and made an impact today.

I don't think we have gamebreaking talent by any means; and I'm not sure that Funderburk is that type of talent, either, for next year. Not saying he won't be, just that he's an unknown commodity.

But several players have stepped up this year and emerged as important playmakers--probably moreso than anyone could have optimistically predicted / expected. And I'm pleased to say that one of those players has been our much maligned QB, who has been outstanding thus far.

I still think that lemon is our 4th best receiver on this team behind sales, west and kobena.

Are you really unconvinced that Nassib can get them the ball? I'm not--I think he's been pretty damn good both games, including today's performance. Despite the slow first half.
Seriously. Ryan has thrown for over 800 yards in two games and some people are wondering if he can get our receivers the ball?!

i think Broyld has USC level offensive ability (probably SU's only skill player i would say that about), and he is being used all wrong in my opinion.

I am convinced he can get them the ball... But I am not convinced he can do it or 4 quarters... 2nd quarter last week and 1st half this week he was missing guts who were open. Our overalla yardage is a testament to how good he is when he is feeling it but if he played that level all game long we probably would be 2-0 now. I am not in any way blaming him for either loss but if he didn't have a bad 3 quarters we would have had more points last week and not been down 21-3 this week. The problem is the special teams is punishing him for his inconsistency.

The NFL scouts must be unimpressed that Nassib hits his targets in the hands en route and on the money. Not his problem the WR's dropped a few game-changers.

Draft stock up.

I was hoping to see more of Clark, but even without him out there, to say we dont have play makers this year, I can't agree with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom