The Landscape has Changed, an Uphill Battle... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The Landscape has Changed, an Uphill Battle...

So you're not going to at least admit you were dead wrong about the ratings now that we have evidence? And you sure all those guys had commitable offers from us?

Dead wrong about the ratings? Its hard to believe that only 125k would view a MAC game during the week in the fall as a stand alone game given the nation's love for CFB and gambling;)

Regarding "commitable offers"...shall we now label each offer and quantify it? Shouldn't we all assume that when an article is run regarding our interest and offer for a kid that we are, indeed, truly interested. Its convenient to start the notion that we werent truly offering kids that decline. Really? Joke. So, yes, i think that Dino might have welcomed the 6 kids that HE offered but picked a G5 school instead...

Dead wrong about the ratings? Its hard to believe that only 125k would view a MAC game during the week in the fall as a stand alone game given the nation's love for CFB and gambling;)

Regarding "commitable offers"...shall we now label each offer and quantify it? Shouldn't we all assume that when an article is run regarding our interest and offer for a kid that we are, indeed, truly interested. Its convenient to start the notion that we werent truly offering kids that decline. Really? Joke. So, yes, i think that Dino might have welcomed the 6 kids that HE offered but picked a G5 school instead...

Yes dead wrong about the ratings. The numbers are there, regardless if you think they are hard to believe. Unless you have proof they are wrong, all you're doing is talking out your rearend. ;););) back at you.

And yes there have been situations in the past when kids have committed to us and we haven't accepted it.

Not that hard to believe. People gamble on those games, but about 99% just keep an eye on the game, check the score on the phone, watch it for a minute here, and a minute there...

Yes dead wrong about the ratings. The numbers are there, regardless if you think they are hard to believe. Unless you have proof they are wrong, all you're doing is talking out your rearend. ;););) back at you.

And yes there have been situations in the past when kids have committed to us and we haven't accepted it.
You should have just stopped at the bolded. It is an evergreen response for him.

Ok, so we will assume that the 6 g5 commits the last week were written off by the staff...convenient. its a bit of a trend, and i see why kids might like a G5. Thats all.

Not that hard to believe. People gamble on those games, but about 99% just keep an eye on the game, check the score on the phone, watch it for a minute here, and a minute there...

I and many cf fans i know love those games, we all love the sport and seeing the fun MAC. Regardless of the numbers, its still national tv and these kids get discovered bc of it.

I and many cf fans i know love those games, we all love the sport and seeing the fun MAC. Regardless of the numbers, its still national tv and these kids get discovered bc of it.
Not trying to pick on you, but it would be better served, especially when people are trying to have a dialog, to admit you are wrong and then go to another point. We aren't politicians, we should be able to admit when we got something wrong, especially when it is such a small thing. I would have thought they had better ratings than that too, but guess I was WRONG!

I actually agree with you in a way that I thought recruiting would have started out with a big boom, but instead it has been slow and we dont have that big 4 star guy we are all desperate for. I believe Dino will get us some big ones this year, but I am a little nervous if I'm being honest.

Go CUSE!

Not trying to pick on you, but it would be better served, especially when people are trying to have a dialog, to admit you are wrong and then go to another point. We aren't politicians, we should be able to admit when we got something wrong, especially when it is such a small thing. I would have thought they had better ratings than that too, but guess I was WRONG!

I actually agree with you in a way that I thought recruiting would have started out with a big boom, but instead it has been slow and we dont have that big 4 star guy we are all desperate for. I believe Dino will get us some big ones this year, but I am a little nervous if I'm being honest.

Go CUSE!

I guess i was wrong regarding sheer numbers but not sure where those numbers came from, and i did read "rating unavailable ", so not sure what that indicates. Ratings are a funny thing and hard to calculate and get a handle on given factors like day if the week, game length, gadgets like firestick and all kinds of streaming options and of course there is always the public establishment factor which is huge for viewing sports.

Just really hard to believe only 100k nationwide would tune into a cf game in primetime on a fall weeknight when cfb is arguably the 3rd or 4th most popular sport in america pro or college and of course the gambling angle.

That said, thanks for calling me out, but yes, i am wrong about the ratings. All i pot trying to say is G5 is very real and a very appealing option for kids. A big reason the blue bloods dominated back in the day was d/t them being on Tv weekly, one of 2 or 3 games on that week. Back when TV was a big de
al, lol. Now, most every game is on TV.

Heck, just wanted to talk about what some of these 17-18 yo kids have as options these days and when it comes to exposure (AKA, getting drafted) , playing at a football fun school, coaching, and playing against lesser competition and still rating out the same as P5 players, and ultimately getting more kids drafted than a sig amount of p5 schools. This isnt breaking news, been happening gor a good 6-8 years. Teams like temple, usf, ucf, Boise, app. St. , toledo, northern Illinois, buffalo, ohio, central and western Michigan, as well as Houston, cincy, and FAU. in the end its strictly about a kids comfort level and relationships with coaches . Close to home is relatively important initially but gets run over with the other human and facility factors. We are in recruiting battles with alot of g5 schools. Its what to be expected. We have lost alot of OFFERS to many already, let's win some!

You don’t math very well.

If we’re offering 200-300 guys, and can only take say 20, then we’re going to “lose a lot of offers” to other schools, by default.

Understood, but we seem to be in dog fights with kids with at least 2 G5 offers. Just saying, these are impactful competition.

Recruiting news has always been an inexact science here and elsewhere. We don’t have all the info and never will.

Committable offers, grades, “interest”, family members with agendas, HS coaches pushing kids, social media, etc.

We don’t know who the staff has on their board at the top and who is further down and who they think they have a shot with.

Basically, Ish - too many moving parts to have any H0T Takes till signing day. And even then we won’t really know what we got till they hit the field.

Recruiting news has always been an inexact science here and elsewhere. We don’t have all the info and never will.

Committable offers, grades, “interest”, family members with agendas, HS coaches pushing kids, social media, etc.

We don’t know who the staff has on their board at the top and who is further down and who they think they have a shot with.

Basically, Ish - too many moving parts to have any H0T Takes till signing day. And even then we won’t really know what we got till they hit the field.

Great take and TY. My original thought was just a thought about how G5 schools can and will compete with P5 schools on the rebuild. Recruiting is wild and more subjective than scientific. I get it. We had a good day today, let's keep it rolling:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom