The Landscape of College Sports Will change forever. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Landscape of College Sports Will change forever.

Nothing will change. No one is going to jail for 80 years. A few will take the fall,and next year all will be the same. PSU conspired to rape little kids and nobody cared.

hyperbole

PSU did NOT conspire to rape little kids
Pedo State DID cover up for, aid and protect Sandtouchedme who raped little boys for decades

hyperbole

PSU did NOT conspire to rape little kids
Pedo State DID cover up for, aid and protect Sandtouchedme who raped little boys for decades

Read what you just wrote. They knew it was happening. They did nothing. They covered it up. That is a conspiracy to rape little kids.

Read what you just wrote. They knew it was happening. They did nothing. They covered it up. That is a conspiracy to rape little kids.

no, its a conspiracy that allowed the rape of little kids

there is a difference and accuracy is important

Mark this day. This will have not a ripple, but a tsunami effect. Changes coming. I pray for the future of college athletics.

I pray that they clean it up it's not fair for any school who are working hard and not cheating to make their program better. Who knows what championships teams could have won or didn't win. There are a lot of questions

College basketball coaches know things. If starts truly hitting the fan, which looks like it's headed that way, people will start getting ratted out. Don't forget that there is a genuine dislike among UK and Louisville. They both try and pride themselves on being the flagship school in their state. The road that Louisville is going down, don't be surprised if they try and drag UK into it as well.

I doubt this is the reason, but maybe Bland getting money on the side was a small reason why he didn't join Hop in Washington. Maybe he figured that he didn't want to lose the extra cash.

that was the NCAA
this is the FBI

yes, I understand the inherent hypocrisy in that but still...
I think the best overall win in this scenario will be the end of the NCAA and the charade that is amateur athletics on college campuses. It's a business and has been since Naismith invented the game. The gambling fixes in the 50's, the UCLA dynasty that was bought and paid for, the list is endless. IT's a business created to entertain and make money. Everyone - fans included - need to accept it.

That's awfully optimistic. I don't see much changing. Nothing much has changed with the disclosure - by the players themselves - several years ago that North Carolina has a whole fake major that athletes are steered into.

Nothing really changed about campus visits are Louisville's Hooker Gate. Hell, even Pitino still has his job.

Nothing really changed when Dave Bliss covered up a murder by one of his players at Baylor.

Nothing really changed when Florida State's football players (including, I believe, Jamies Winston, the Heisman Trophy winner) were involved in repeated s e xual assault and the Tallahassee police dept. was complicit in the cover up.

You had a governor of a state intervene when one of his teams was left out of conference expansion and nothing really happened.

You had the Senator from Utah threaten to challenge the BCS football system because he was afraid that Brigham Young would be foreclosed from every competing for the national championship and nothing really happened.

Nothing much changed after the BC points shaving scandal back in the 80s. You still see betting lines on all college sports.

So, forgive me if I don't share your sentiment.

NCAA and the networks have power, lots of money, and the product that enables them to make lots more. I don't see much of anything changing.
Don't forget the University of Michigan "Independent Studies" major.

University of Michigan athletes steered to professor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom