The Last Drive Saturday Night | Syracusefan.com

The Last Drive Saturday Night

LeMoyneCuse

All American
After Missouri kicked the Field Goal to go up 27-24, there was no doubt in my mind Syracuse was going to come all the way back and win that game. Others I talked to yesterday felt the same way.

It's amazing how far Ryan Nassib has come to instill that kind of confidence in us.

I remember people thinking he wasn't a leader because he didn't yell and scream and show emotion. The kid seems to be growing up and maybe he is realizing that his college career is going to be over soon but his footwork has shown me a very confident qb that has a lot of confidence in his teammates and especially his offensive line. That last drive was a hot knife through butter.

Seeing as our previous two drives took less than 2 minutes each, I was pretty confident that would at least get into field goal range, but many I was I nervous wreck on that 4th and 10.

4th and 10 was just a teaser to add excitement, they knew they were going to score the whole time and just didn't want to do it too early.

Seeing as our previous two drives took less than 2 minutes each, I was pretty confident that would at least get into field goal range, but many I was I nervous wreck on that 4th and 10.

Same here. I was pacing back and forth in front of the TV, lol.

As soon as Lemon snared that ball I knew we were going to put up 7 ... just knew ...

I was sh1iiting tacks on the 4th and 10 play. I wont lie to you that I was less than confident we would pick it up.

I was really impressed by Ryan's footwork. When pressure from the D came on occasion, he would be able to evade it by cooly sidesteping and keeping his focus down field. The one time I thought he was "dead to rights" Smith saved his bacon with a last second pick up of a defender coming free. Ryan really must trust his O line as he has looked cool and in control back in the pocket over these last few games.

After watching the replay last night, I am absolutely confused why we didn't call timeout after their 3rd down. We lost 40 seconds.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

After watching the replay last night, I am absolutely confused why we didn't call timeout after their 3rd down. We lost 40 seconds.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We wanted to give them a fighting chance ... :)

Just 3 weeks ago some people were calling for a QB change. I'm glad we have professionals making these decisions. Nassib has been unreal.

I don't see a let down happening this week either - Nassib is a Philly kid, right?

Just 3 weeks ago some people were calling for a QB change. I'm glad we have professionals making these decisions. Nassib has been unreal.

I don't see a let down happening this week either - Nassib is a Philly kid, right?

Westchester PA ... as I noted in the Temple thread.

After Missouri kicked the Field Goal to go up 27-24, there was no doubt in my mind Syracuse was going to come all the way back and win that game. Others I talked to yesterday felt the same way.

Funn you say that because I thought we would at least get a FG. Nice feeling instead of wondering what mistake would cost us again.

It's amazing how far Ryan Nassib has come to instill that kind of confidence in us.

I felt the same way...but was still pissing my pants.

Yes.

From West Chester, PA - Chester County - About 45 minutes or so southwest of Philly.

Attended Malvern Prep - great private school along the Main Line.

I've always felt comfortable with Ryan. He's been a clutch late game QB for his entire career (USF 2010, WF 2011 off the top of my head).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom