The last time Syracuse hasn’t lost 5 games in a season by 14+ | Syracusefan.com

The last time Syracuse hasn’t lost 5 games in a season by 14+

It gets scarier...so the last 3 years we’ve lost by 14+ 5 or more times...the last time we did that before then?

2005-2006

Not ideal

It gets scarier...so the last 3 years we’ve lost by 14+ 5 or more times...the last time we did that before then?

2005-2006

Which preceded a down stretch for the program, which was then propped up by the 09’-13’ teams. Problem is, JB’s twilight years are here and I don’t see another good stretch on the horizon.

This isn’t because of the scholarship reductions.
Our problems is JB puts a lot of stress on the best players getting it done every game and our best players haven’t been as good as they have been in the Big East.
Gbinije and CJ Fair have been the only first team all-ACC players we have had.

Our problems is JB puts a lot of stress on the best players getting it done every game and our best players haven’t been as good as they have been in the Big East.
We need too many things to all come together to win against above average teams, it seems.

Which preceded a down stretch for the program, which was then propped up by the 09’-13’ teams. Problem is, JB’s twilight years are here and I don’t see another good stretch on the horizon.

Not quite Denny Crum, but will anyone be shocked if we get close? I'm not seeing next year improving.

2005-2006

i have read this 10 times.

it is the exact same as the thread subject just words placed a little differently and added "so the last 3 years" but not sure how the correlates with a single season nor how it makes anything scarier?

what am i missing?

Not quite Denny Crum, but will anyone be shocked if we get close? I'm not seeing next year improving.

Ugh the worst part of all of this is you're right, I don't see how next year's team is any better than this year's. The only thing that we can really hope for is that next year's team has more shooters and the days of thinking that 34% from three makes someone an adequate three point shooter are gone.

Ugh the worst part of all of this is you're right, I don't see how next year's team is any better than this year's. The only thing that we can really hope for is that next year's team has more shooters and the days of thinking that 34% from three makes someone an adequate three point shooter are gone.

(boeheim always does his best when no one expects anything of his team)

here is another great stat for you.

we went on a 5 game winning streak, then a 4 game winning streak, then a 3 game winning streak, then a 2 game winning streak, then a 1 game winnign "streak"

i smell some wins coming.

Couldn't it be argued that our best players aren't as good as we're used to because of the recruiting sanctions?

Food for thought. Our struggles line up pretty well with lackluster recruiting classes, which line up with the sanctions.

Couldn't it be argued that our best players aren't as good as we're used to because of the recruiting sanctions?

Food for thought. Our struggles line up pretty well with lackluster recruiting classes, which line up with the sanctions.
What is the statute of limitations for blaming sanctions?

What is the statute of limitations for blaming sanctions?

If you're a sprinter who got shot in the knee with an AK47, what's your statute of limitations on blaming that for not being able to run so good?

The effects are probably going to linger, no? It's not like the sanctions were years and years ago. They weren't. And they went well beyond just scholarship reductions. Our last recruiting class was the first one out of the sanctions. Our incoming class is looking good.

I don’t think this is accurate. You can feel otherwise but sanctions aren’t why our targets aren’t the same quality IMO.

i have read this 10 times.

it is the exact same as the thread subject just words placed a little differently and added "so the last 3 years" but not sure how the correlates with a single season nor how it makes anything scarier?

what am i missing?
think of it this way; before this stretch of 14+ point losses becoming a regular thing (that is at least 5 times a year), that hadn't happened at all in a season for about a 10 year stretch.

I don’t think this is accurate. You can feel otherwise but sanctions aren’t why our targets aren’t the same quality IMO.

Targets aren't the problem, commitments are. Most of the guys on this roster were not the first, second, or third choices of the staff.

Elite recruits were taken off the table because the recruiting restrictions limited the contact we could have. They also limited the scouting we could do.

You think without sanctions we'd be leaning on transfers and guys recruited as backups to hold the program together?

think of it this way; before this stretch of 14+ point losses becoming a regular thing (that is at least 5 times a year), that hadn't happened at all in a season for about a 10 year stretch.

OK. its happened every year since 15/16. prior to that not since 05/06

This roster is full of contingency plans for contingency plans. It's like the power going out and all your phones are dead and there are no batteries for the flashlights... and the candles were all stolen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom