The last time we were ranked | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The last time we were ranked

I was still old too, but I will say seeing they younger folks post that they weren't even teenagers yet puts a lot in perspective for me. No wonder we are having such a hard time getting people to buy in...they have barely seen success. I obviously knew how long it has been, but to see posters say they were 6????? Oh my, that smacks me upside the head.

The day Cuse beat V-Tech in 2001 was the day before marching band championships. I was a sophomore in high school. I don't think I've ever been so cold at practice - miserable weather that weekend.

The day Cuse beat V-Tech in 2001 was the day before marching band championships. I was a sophomore in high school. I don't think I've ever been so cold at practice - miserable weather that weekend.

I will never forget that day. Had to work outside and missed the entire game save Jamel Riddle return a punt for a TD. Just a cold, wet, miserable day.

I was spoiling my 3 and 4 year olds. They are now a junior and senior in college. They have no knowledge of SU having been ranked before.

I will never forget that day. Had to work outside and missed the entire game save Jamel Riddle return a punt for a TD. Just a cold, wet, miserable day.

Never stared at the clock (that’s right, clock, with an ‘L’) during a game like that day. Just begging it to tick faster once we had that 4th quarter lead.

Not quite the tension the people felt during the last 10 minutes in Lake Placid in 1980, but still.

i spent most of my nights playing goldeneye in Harrison hall at Lemoyne

And apparently the number one song in America was by Nickelback

I am also a Dolphin... I spent many nights playing golden eye when living in harrison. Good memories... good people...I was one year out of college in 2001 though. I was in the real world... working at another local college lol

Was just a little 11 year old in 2001. I’ve been a fan of syracuse for as long as I can remember but never really felt or understood the succes of the program while it was happening. Always dreamed every season to see this. To be ranked. To be respected.

I had a feeling it would happen with Dino at the helm and that’s why I started with season tickets last year. I couldn’t be happier to have them now and I can’t wait to continue to watch this team grow and see where we can end up!!!!!

I am also a Dolphin... I spent many nights playing golden eye when living in harrison. Good memories... good people...I was one year out of college in 2001 though. I was in the real world... working at another local college lol
Fun fact: I actually fired up the 'ole '64 the other day and played Goldeneye. It turns out that not only did I unlock the Aztec (at some unknown time in the past), but I beat it on Agent and Secret Agent. I have zero memories of those events happening, and it was even on my bucket list.

I am, however, pretty confident that Egypt is a lost cause (curse you Control Room on 007!).

Last edited:

Sorry about Nickelback... Oh and while we are still doing this Justin Beiber.

Was just married living in Beacon Hill, finished law school, wondering about Brady/Bledsoe.

I’ve brainwashed a boston kid (13 year old son) into a crazed Syracuse fan in lieu of the fact they have stunk for 17 years essentially. My greatest parenting moment. To see how irrationally happy he was when I told him we were ranked. Syracuse sports are wonderful heirlooms.

Winona Ryder was arrested for shoplifting and the People's Republic of China was granted permanent normal trade relations with the United States. And Taj Harris was one year old.

In 2001 I was 25 and I had a big-breasted, extra-juicy 21 year old girlfriend.

Now I’m 42 and I’m married to a different woman who finds something to break my balls about everyday.

I think about my old girlfriend all the time. At least we’re ranked.
jesus extra juicy

Le Moyne Mart still existed.

Le Moyne had never beaten SU in BBall

I was spoiling my 3 and 4 year olds. They are now a junior and senior in college. They have no knowledge of SU having been ranked before.
Sadly, there's a whole generation in which SU has sucked during their lifetime. That's a big problem with attendance. As the older generation fans literally die off (I'm the only survivor in my section left from the 80's), there are fewer diehard fans to replace them. There are also fewer young bandwagon fans since there's has never been a wagon for them to jump on in their lifetime. That's especially true of out of town fans. I live in the Albany area and find it difficult to find someone to attend games with me in a pinch. That was not the case in the 90's when attendance was not an issue.

I was living the dream at Siena. Responsibilities included bartending until 4 am then after-hours going well past when normal people have breakfast, occasionally making it to class and partying like there was no tomorrow. The hangovers were cured by food at the mess hall and lots of sleep.

Now, married with 3 kids and own my company.

Things do change over 17 years. Quite a bit.

2001...well, we seemingly all managed to come together...at least for a moment in time, and brought out the best of humankind.

Was 12 years old and had just moved to Virginia from Rochester. I have vague memories of some ranked Cuse teams from like 1998-2001, but I don't clearly remember every moment like I get to do this year. It's been a long and difficult road and it feels amazing to see us get back there. Hope we can keep things rolling next week against Wake. I'd hate to see us stub our toe and drop out of the rankings one week later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom