The lockerooms at the dome are... | Syracusefan.com

The lockerooms at the dome are...

Awful. They need new ones. BJ and Coleman were killing it today!
jimmy should donate three quarters of his salary. hop should kiss the boosters for the rest

I was surprised at how basic they were when I was in there with my football team. The player's names were just written on pieces of athletic tape.

Though, it was still pretty cool to use Scoop's locker.

I've asked before but nobody seems to know. What are the plans for the windfall of ACC money? If our athletic department just increased revenue by 5 or 6x, surely some money can be put into renovating locker rooms, right? Since we have heard absolutely nothing about how this new money will be spent, I guess we have to assume it will not be spent on things like facilities and the like.

Houston- that's exactly what the University Senate Budget folks want to know as well, especially after some of the BE exit fee was being paid by departments other than Athletics. Based on what I've heard, and what was published last week, I'd venture that some of this money is going to coach/staff salaries and to paying back the reserves that have been depleted the last few years.

Gait commented a few weeks back in a DO article about raising his own $ to upgrade the women's lax locker room, and other than the IPF and outdoor track, I've heard nothing about any facilities upgrades. Speaking of which, anyone know if SU has started work on the new track? I mean we know the IPF is delayed, so I hope they aren't waiting to finish that before starting on the track.

Houston- that's exactly what the University Senate Budget folks want to know as well, especially after some of the BE exit fee was being paid by departments other than Athletics. Based on what I've heard, and what was published last week, I'd venture that some of this money is going to coach/staff salaries and to paying back the reserves that have been depleted the last few years.

Gait commented a few weeks back in a DO article about raising his own $ to upgrade the women's lax locker room, and other than the IPF and outdoor track, I've heard nothing about any facilities upgrades. Speaking of which, anyone know if SU has started work on the new track? I mean we know the IPF is delayed, so I hope they aren't waiting to finish that before starting on the track.

No action up there. I think there is no money and they don't plan on breaking ground this calendar year.

I was afraid of that Otto. Guess Donald Pollitt will train to defend his ACC 110 hurdle title at CBA or Nottingham next Spring. Awful

HoustonCuse said:
I've asked before but nobody seems to know. What are the plans for the windfall of ACC money? If our athletic department just increased revenue by 5 or 6x, surely some money can be put into renovating locker rooms, right? Since we have heard absolutely nothing about how this new money will be spent, I guess we have to assume it will not be spent on things like facilities and the like.

Maybe get the books straightened out, pay back reserves, maybe, but doubtful, pay back all the departments for pitching in to the big east exit fee. Maybe the athletic department starts paying for athletic scholarships so the academic schools can better use their budgets to improve academics. In time I expect the additional monies to go to increased athletic budgets for salaries and recruiting. Some will fund minor cosmetic changes like lockers I would expect.

Found out tonight that someone's getting new locker rooms for next year...women's lax. The space they are using is going to cut into the Olympic teams weight room, which is not scheduled to be replaced at this time. I hope Gait wins the title this weekend, but another example of SU taking space from multiple teams to make one team happy.

Maybe hoops and football will share their weight rooms with the other teams...

The lockers at the Dome are a major issue. Last time I saw them (when I was a senior at SU), I would say my HS football ones were nicer, and my CT public school ain't exactly Don Bosco.

Full_Rebar said:
Found out tonight that someone's getting new locker rooms for next year...women's lax. The space they are using is going to cut into the Olympic teams weight room, which is not scheduled to be replaced at this time. I hope Gait wins the title this weekend, but another example of SU taking space from multiple teams to make one team happy. Maybe hoops and football will share their weight rooms with the other teams...
SU is not getting the women's lacrosse team a new locker room; as with the Melo Center, the AD offices were unable to raise any meaningful money, leaving the coaching staff, helped in JB's case with Juli, to raise the funds themselves.

Props to Gary Gait, his staff and the players for overcoming the deficiencies of the AD to get decent facilities in place. Well done!

Well no matter who raised the money, the fact remains that the Olympic weight room is now located in the arena prison-yard style. I was told that staff were told 3 years until a more permanent home is found.

I question the notion that w. lax and field hockey need bigger locker rooms at the expense of training facilities for everyone else. It's another short-sighted decision by the SUAD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom