The Mounties are eating their own | Syracusefan.com

The Mounties are eating their own

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
Some pretty funny stuff over on BGN Football.

There's actually a thread where some folks want RichRod back. Seems like two straight beatdowns and a season of defensive ineptitude have them turning on Holgerson.

Head on over if you have some free time and enjoy viewing a train wreck.

forums.s cout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=2508 (copy/paste, get rid of the space between the s and c)

I notice that twitter douchebag from WVU has been silent this weekend. I hope he was maimed in an industrial accident.

I notice that twitter douchebag from WVU has been silent this weekend. I hope he was maimed in an industrial accident.
Haven't heard of any mine cave-ins recently.

The Neers fans have watched their team go from a BCS bowl and NC contender to the Bridgeport Education Holiday Bowl (or the Pinstripe Bowl).

You know you're having coaching issues when there's a post about Bill Stewart being a better coach than someone.

They don't know what they've got.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

real classy there...sounds like a tristan post

They need players on defense, the offense is a machine. Their defense is GRob 2006-2007 bad.

They don't know what they've got.

Yeah, they got a guy that doesn't think running the ball and defense is all that important.

Did they change defensive coordinators? I know they switched from the 3-3-5 they've run for a long time.

Yeah, they got a guy that doesn't think running the ball and defense is all that important.
That's going to win north of 70% of the games he coaches or something like that.

They need players on defense, the offense is a machine. Their defense is GRob 2006-2007 bad.

Their offense has put up 21 points in the past two weeks. Smith really seems to get down on himself when things don't go exactly his way, as we saw in our last two games against them.

Their collapse is amazing. I guess I never bought into a team that is so poor defensively being a legit national championship contender [for comparison, even Oregon last year was near average defensively], but this collapse is shocking.

It is almost like they imploded after getting whipped by Texas Tech, and WVU is now spiraling out of control now that they've faced some adversity. Dana H. seems like he's lost control of the team.

Holgerson is the kind of coach who believes his system is infallible and that it should be enough to just have amazing offense.

His in game adjustments are horrible. They couldn't cover Provo at all last year and failed to fix it even in the second half.

Seems like he runs hot and is pretty arrogant.

Did they change defensive coordinators? I know they switched from the 3-3-5 they've run for a long time.

Yes, they hired DeForest who was at Oklahoma St last year. Clearly, Holgerson doesn't value playing any defense at all. And they will lose their fair share of games this year because of it.

I would take 70% in a cocaine heartbeat.
Yup, and I'm sure WFVU thought Stewart was the bridge to the coach that would get them an NC.

Their 1st bowl game in the Big XII being the Pinstripe vs. Big East would just be priceless!
I'd love the chance to go for 3 in a row against them this year at Yankee Stadium