The MTSU "injuries"... | Syracusefan.com

The MTSU "injuries"...

SUOrange44

Scout Team
Let me preface this by saying the injury situation with MTSU had nothing significant to do with the SU loss. The dropped passes, poor decisions, failure to capitalize on turnovers and, perhaps most of all, the muffed punt that changed momentum completely took care of that...

I am more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt regarding injuries. I though it was extremely distasteful whenKansas City fans cheered an Alex Smith injury a few years back because they wanted the backup to play.

That being said, after witnessing what I did tonight and last year versus Louisville, I am completely convinced there needs to be a rule change. Referees have to err on the side of the potential injury when a player goes down. However, in order to stop fake injuries, I want to see a rule implemented keeping a player who is "injured" out for the remainder of the drive or a series. That way, the injured player is "protected" if need be but there are some ramifications to an injury in a live ball hustling to the line of scrimmage situation.

It really is the only thing I can think of to try and cut down on fake injuries while still protecting the player. Perhaps, the other team has the option of using a time out to get the player back on the fields earlier or something like that but this is getting nuts...

That fall down by the MTSU player at the sideline was worthy of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and only served to back up the belief that their players were faking injuries earlier than that. You would think there would be some element of integrity to protect against this but that may not be the case...

SUOrange44

Let me preface this by saying the injury situation with MTSU had nothing significant to do with the SU loss. The dropped passes, poor decisions, failure to capitalize on turnovers and, perhaps most of all, the muffed punt that changed momentum completely took care of that...

I am more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt regarding injuries. I though it was extremely distasteful whenKansas City fans cheered an Alex Smith injury a few years back because they wanted the backup to play.

That being said, after witnessing what I did tonight and last year versus Louisville, I am completely convinced there needs to be a rule change. Referees have to err on the side of the potential injury when a player goes down. However, in order to stop fake injuries, I want to see a rule implemented keeping a player who is "injured" out for the remainder of the drive or a series. That way, the injured player is "protected" if need be but there are some ramifications to an injury in a live ball hustling to the line of scrimmage situation.

It really is the only thing I can think of to try and cut down on fake injuries while still protecting the player. Perhaps, the other team has the option of using a time out to get the player back on the fields earlier or something like that but this is getting nuts...

That fall down by the MTSU player at the sideline was worthy of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and only served to back up the belief that their players were faking injuries earlier than that. You would think there would be some element of integrity to protect against this but that may not be the case...

SUOrange44

I agree ... except the nefarious thing about it is it can be the reason we lost. Tempo gets us open players and quick slants in for TD.

And in the most egregious one in the 4th Q - they had too many players on the field. Would have been a penalty with an automatic 1st down. Guy went down not to slow us down - but to avoid a penalty.

It's cheating.

Do you think our hero Stogie Shaf coached them on that tactic?

I know refs aren't supposed to ref with any emotion...but if I was a ref I would be insulted that a player would even try pulling that BS on me, and i would then take great pleasure in throwing him out of the game. Soon as that kid popped back up, he should've gotten tossed.

The fix to this is easy. Change the rule where if you get hurt and they stop the game you only have to sit out 1 play. Make it you have to sit out one entire series/possession your team has the ball. Something like that. Unless the team wants to part with a timeout. Guarantee coaches won't be coaching up their kid's to fake injuries then.

The fix to this is easy. Change the rule where if you get hurt and they stop the game you only have to sit out 1 play. Make it you have to sit out one entire series/possession your team has the ball. Something like that. Unless the team wants to part with a timeout. Guarantee coaches won't be coaching up their kid's to fake injuries then.

They will then swap in a scrub corner for one play, and have him go down.

There is always a work around if you wanna do it.

We need a promotion where they hand out rocks at the gate.

First fake injury, everyone throws it at the player.

Eventually fans will bring their own rocks to a game.

They will then swap in a scrub corner for one play, and have him go down.

There is always a work around if you wanna do it.

If we are running no huddle and don't make a substitution they can't make a sub to put in another player and take a dive. And if they do run a player out on the field and said player then falls to the ground and takes a dive, throw a 15 yard penalty, eject the head coach, and disqualify the player for that game and the next game.

The NCAA can fix this problem

You're on to something! Might have just stumbled on a Syracuse tradition.

Wildhack, can you stop playing with your damn bell and make this happen?

They are free timeouts.

Yes, they are absolutely coached up to do it.

Lets see, the refs didn't call three blatant offsides, two player counts, and the most egregious end zone pass interference I think I've ever seen, and you're shocked this isn't a penalty?

Until people start flopping against Alabama or Florida State's up-tempo no-huddle offense, this will continue to be a no call free timeout.

I know refs aren't supposed to ref with any emotion...but if I was a ref I would be insulted that a player would even try pulling that BS on me, and i would then take great pleasure in throwing him out of the game. Soon as that kid popped back up, he should've gotten tossed.
Popped up and started doing jumping jacks on the field!

Popped up and started doing jumping jacks on the field!
Had me screaming. People in my section had to be looking for the exits.

Psy Ops. They broke the game.

Maybe not rocks, but perhaps what the Zoo use to throw at Manley, rolls of toilet paper and oranges.

Are you talking about the DB that just fell when they had too many players on the field?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom