The new scoreboard | Syracusefan.com

The new scoreboard

SWC75

Bored Historian
I went to last night's Chief's game to get a load of the new scoreboard. It's a technological marvel, with the clarity of your high-def TV, (there was one shot of players warming up with the screen in the background and even that image of the screen was crystal clear.). The line score is at the bottom and some ads on the right. About 2/3 of the screen si used for player cards, which show the same info at the old screen, (batting average, homers, RBI), a picture of the guy and his number. Between plays they got to full screen and shyow shots of the fans and of the players standing around, waiting for the next pitch.

No replays. Of anything. All the camera shots are live and between baseball plays. If a guy hits a double off the wall and slides into second, we don't see that. You look at the scoreboard and see the player card, then the full screen comes on and shows the guy dusting hismelf off at second base. That's it. No great catches. No home runs, no close plays at the plate. I expected controversial calls not to be shown but no replays of anything?

Someone suggested that they don't have the normal TV camera set up. But they heve some kind of camera to get those live shots. Why can't that cameraman follow the ball during a play?

I guess the real purpose of the new scoreboard is so the fans can wave to themselves. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom