The new season... | Syracusefan.com

The new season...

njcuse

Scout Team
After watching the second half of the Carlton game for the second time, I am officially psyched about this season. These young guys will probably have some ups and downs, but I believe they are going to be fun to follow. Unlike with football, SU has the talent to compete with anyone. Unlike with football where the team has to play a nearly perfect game and hang their guts out to win, in basketball SU is on an equal plain in talent. If they get with the program, play their roles, they have the ability to be really good. We saw what happened with the defense adjustment and attitude in the second half, what happened with the Rak attitude in the second half. Patterson had a great shooting day; can SU count on that; to be determined. Will TC go no for six very often; I don't think so. This team has a ton of promise and I am psyched.

I agree in general we are on par or better talent wise than 95% of the teams in bball. The real issue this year is depth at the center. With Mike we can cover the lack of depth at the point guard spot and his versatility is actually a big plus but as of now if Rakeem has a really bad game or gets into foul trouble then we will see not just the inexperience of our young talent but the lack of talent depth at the center spot. I don't faulty the coaches because this team was supposed to have DC2 which would make a world of difference long term this season. Also Chino may yet round out into a stop gap backup for Rak that doesn't hurt us.

I really agree about this team being fun to watch and not having a super small margin of error. (other than the 5 spot as mentioned above) Its going to be a blast and I suspect that this will be a dangerous team at the end that the top seeds will mot like to see in their bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom