The Next 3 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Next 3

I certainly wouldn't go that far, but I think they are ripe for the picking.

And we have a senior QB who is a difference maker. Need to capitalize.
I agree about GS. If we were to beat any of the next three, it has to be GS.
I think it may be too much to ask on the road. The best shot is this Saturday

Lequint is a weapon. Alford can be too. Who knows about Jones.

The D is full of weapons
I agree that Allen is but I believe against top notch defense, there won't be
openings. As for the D., I am going to wait until we see top flight O's against us.

I think you need a lot of weapons to beat the next three teams. We don't have them.
The season to me has always been what we do after being 4-3. I think we finish 8-4 and I am fine with that.

I dont disagree accept UNC's defense is not good.

Last edited:
I see us beating Clemson Saturday in the Dome, and losing by double digits on the road at FSU. For me, the UNC game is a toss-up. I think that this game is likely to be a high scoring affair, and one of more exciting games of the season. UNC can score, however, their defense can be scored upon too, so I think it's a back and forth game that's certainly there for the taking.

The considerable edge for UNC is that they will be coming off of a bye week heading into our game, while we'll have our hands full with Clemson beforehand. And, it being a road game to boot.

So, I'll go 1-2.

I think 1-2 is the base case. If you add up the probabilities of victory of each individual game, you should get close to 100%. It feels like this is the year to get it done on one of those tough games. Anything better is gravy and amazing.

I’ll say 1-2 but with a real shot at 2-1. I think we can beat UNC but obviously will be tough on their field. And I think the only game I’d be surprised with us winning is FSU, people point to the BC game but that game was in Chestnut Hill. Going down to FSU is a tall task.

We are flat out a better football team than UNC. Full stop.

If we can beat Clemson and avoid major injuries there is zero reason that we can't win in Chapel Hill. I've been consistent on this stance since the off-season and their 4-0 start is not an indication of how they've played. The defense is far worse than the final scores indicate and the offense is not as good as people thought it would be.

Win Saturday and the season's goal shifts from bowl eligibility to finding a way to Charlotte the first Saturday in December.

Best guess is 1-2. Klubnik doesn't impress me. The key to beating Clemson is pressure on Klubnik and controlling Shipley. I think the former is more likely to accomplish. It's a tough 3 game stretch but doesn't seem as daunting as the 5 game stretch last season.

The thing I like is Rocky has the brains/experience along with SOME talent to keep games close.
Stay healthy and #6 doesn't throw any pic 6s and we could win 2 of 3.
But I think Clemson is our best shot at winning in the next 3 games.

This is why good football teams don’t worry about the next 3 games. Beat Clemson at home and get to 5-0. Then refocus.

Agreed.

Beat Clemson. Get to 5-0.

And if we do -- why not against UNC? We're past the point where any difficult game can be chalked up to an automatic "L."

Doesn't mean that we WILL beat UNC on the road, but they aren't invincible [I watched them struggle against Appalachian State].

To hell with that.

We're going to shock the world this Saturday. The last two games down there, we've been neck-and-neck with Clemson into the last minute of both games, and weren't able to hang on.

This year's squad is better than last year's team, and we're going to prove it on the national stage Saturday.
I would be beyond happy and not shocked by that at all, we are indeed better than last year. I am just preparing myself in case that doesn’t happen. Last year scarred me. I had visions of 9-3 or 10-2 after the 6-0 start

0-3. We can’t run the ball outside of Shrader designed runs and we are vulnerable to bigger teams pushing us around. But we compete well in all three.

Clemson is terrible this year. I think we will go 1-2. If we get REALLY lucky, we will get 2-1. Two better teams at their own turf. It is tough.

This is just an emotional response. People want to will Clemson to be sucky. They aren’t terrible. Their stats for the year aren’t bad at all. Are they as good as they have been, no. Doesn’t mean they’re terrible. That’s a ridiculous assertion based on the facts.

If Oronde was healthy I would say at minimum 1 win and an outside shot at 2. With he and Jones out this feels like a stretch where SU will go 0-3 but that really wouldn't be surprising or or crush the season. SU's season hinges on the 5 games after FSU, win at least 3 and the season is very much a success.

Issue with this 3 game stretch is no Oronde, an offense that is likely to struggle in 2 of the 3 and Clemson is the 1st game. SU has come out banged up from the Clemson every single year we have played them, even the year we upset them. Multiple injuries on Saturday is a major major concern, hope we come out healthy. The main concern for me is that Clemson defensively will be able to lock us down like they did in the 2nd half of last years game and we don't have the weapons through the air to overcome it if Orondo and Jones were available.

I think UNC is a better match up but again offensively I worry if we can keep up with Maye. That feels like a game if it were at home with Oronde SU would have a really good shot.

FSU to me is a throw out game. It's a god awful matchup and I'd take even a remotely close game. To me the key game is Va Tech, win that get to 5 or hopefully six wins if we can steal one of the next three and get yourself bowl eligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom