The next assistant is a big hire | Syracusefan.com

The next assistant is a big hire

gilardino

Starter
yes its been on other threads, but comrades we truly need to hit a homerun here. this can't be lets promote, have to get a big fish, think outside the box. Have the new assistant and Red work it. Give me some legit names here.

im not good at this stuff, but the other day I mentioned Barry Rohrssen...and got crickets.

thought id at least get a No Fn way!

whats his deal?

I didn't watch the PC. Did he talk about himself hitting recruiting hard?

He talked about how the new assistant needs to know how to coach and recruit and that coaching might be more important. We already have two good recruiters. (His words not my opinion)

Oh yeah - HARD. :p

images

He talked about how the new assistant needs to know how to coach and recruit and that coaching might be more important. We already have two good recruiters. (His words not my opinion)
SMH. SMH really hard. SMH like I'm really pissed.

Rob Lanier
Assistant to Rick Barnes at Tennessee.

Native of New York. St Bonnies alum. Former HC at Siena.
Really good recruiter.

Been with Rick Barnes for a while. But coming back home may be incentive.

i think many of you are setting yourselves up for big letdown
When is the last time SU pleasantly surprised us when they've had to make a big decision?

yes its been on other threads, but comrades we truly need to hit a homerun here. this can't be lets promote, have to get a big fish, think outside the box. Have the new assistant and Red work it. Give me some legit names here.
How big could he be? With Red and GMac moving up, there's only room for a lower level up and comer, but I don't think anyone should expect a real big fish be landed. You already have an Assoc. head coach, just need a body to fill out the staff now. I suspect it to be more of the same, a loyal Orange soldier given a chance to prove themselves, nothing more.

Allen Griffin sound familiar? I'd raise preflop on that hand.

Wildhack? Babers? Syverud?
Wildhack and Kent are way too early to tell. Jury is out. And Babers wasn't SU's first choice. They backed into him.