The next great facilitie spush at Syracuse should focus on "middle campus." | Syracusefan.com

The next great facilitie spush at Syracuse should focus on "middle campus."

nzm136

All Conference
The outside of Manley looks awful. We really, really need to rethink that and work on the landscaping around it. A lot of high-end universities have athletic villages. That is what we need to compete against. There are some great facilities in middle campus, but they all look somewhat scattered and random. We need to give them some purpose by providing an attractive visual focal point in the middle. As it stands right now Manley is the visual focal point, and that isn't doing us any favors. In my opinion, we should work on the façade and landscape so as to makes everything look more planned. All in all, I think that it will be fairly cheap, but will have a HUGE bang for the buck. The inside of the buildings is already fairly nice. Adding a "wow factor" could be a selling point for recruits in that first and last impressions are important.

I want recruits to remember the moment they first saw our athletic facilities and then, while they're in a sense of awe, to hear about Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Marvin Harrison, McNabb, and so on, and then walk out on our brand new indoor practice field and imagine being one of those guys storming the $%@& ACC, while the parents hear about our academics in the background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom