The number one question I would ask JB/MH is how many players are currently on scholarship | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The number one question I would ask JB/MH is how many players are currently on scholarship

LOL the scholarship limit is 13? So instead of taking a 2 scholarship this year we could theoretically take a 3 SCHOLARSHIP hit this year. That is what we should do. I am sorry to the walkons but if we take a self imposed 3 scholly hit that should show some serious contriteness.
Exactly. As you pointed out, the U may already have been self-imposing a penalty ... but it's difficult to know that until the punishment (if any) comes out and SU declares it. Granting a walk-on a scholarship, or not, involves other factors. I think they extended one to Reese. In other years, they held back -- this could have been b/c of anticipated compliance problems (or something else). We'll find out soon.

Exactly. As you pointed out, the U may already have been self-imposing a penalty ... but it's difficult to know that until the punishment (if any) comes out and SU declares it. Granting a walk-on a scholarship, or not, involves other factors. I think they extended one to Reese. In other years, they held back -- this could have been b/c of anticipated compliance problems (or something else). We'll find out soon.

Our NCAA penalty will be to allow UNC players to attend classes on the SU campus.

If the University were to self impose sanctions like the # of scholarship players, don't they really need to announce that they are doing this? Otherwise we are just straddling the fence and leaving our options open. Leaving our options open is not the same as self-imposing penalties.

If the University were to self impose sanctions like the # of scholarship players, don't they really need to announce that they are doing this? Otherwise we are just straddling the fence and leaving our options open. Leaving our options open is not the same as self-imposing penalties.

They are not supposed to publically talk about the specifics. They may have informed the NCAA of this self imposed penalty.

They are not supposed to publically talk about the specifics. They may have informed the NCAA of this self imposed penalty.

Well if that is the case, then JB may not be able answer the OPers question.

Well if that is the case, then JB may not be able answer the OPers question.

Likely he cannot. Still that is just speculation on my part. It may or may not be the case but the point is if there are any self imposed penalties we would not know what they are at this point.

If Syracuse is only using 10 scholarships there is no doubt in my mind we are self-imposing a reduction for this year in hopes of mitigating any penalties from the NCAA. It makes too much sense especially since we could give 3 walkons scholarships and improve our APR.

Besides McCollough I don't see any early entries this year. I would tell McCollough if your going 1 and done your finishing your classes or our relationship will be strained in the future. Waiters/Johnson/MCW/Ennis all finished their semesters out so I think we will be fine as JB will make sure the players leaving if they do understand the situation.

That and I think we get credit after the fact when kids finish like Mookie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom