The O-line could use the infusion of new quality players | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The O-line could use the infusion of new quality players

C Rob Trudo 6-3 300 So . Farrell, PA / Farrell
C Macky MacPherson 6-2 269 Jr. Syracuse, NY / Christian Brothers Academy
OG Ivan Foy 6-4 318 So. Brooklyn, NY / Fort Hamilton
OG Zack Chibane 6-5 293 Sr. Paramus, NJ / Paramus
OG Lou Alexander 6-4 331 Sr. Palmdale, CA / Highland
OT Sean Hickey 6-6 282 Jr. Murrysville, PA / Franklin Regional HS
OT Andrew Phillips 6-6 279 Sr. Phoenix, NY / Christian Brothers Academy
OT Justin Pugh 6-6 292 Sr. Holland, PA / Council Rock South
OT Nick Robinson 6-6 295 So. Baldwinsville, NY / C.W. Baker
OT Kristofer Curtis 6-3 291 So. Fayetteville, GA / Fayette County
What about the Wofle man is he still on the roster?

marrones job is on the line-you think he wants to start this kid again?
Yeah he does because he is our best center, and a lot better than you make it seem. He was not the issue last year on the OL! I've heard those guys talking and saying that Chibane didn't play well and Hay always ket the unit from getting any sort of rhythm with his useless penalties. They never once mention Macky as the issue, and I have overheard Coach Wheatly and one of the other coaches say just about the same things last week when I saw them at the Dome. You need to get off of Macky because everyone within the program, and know a thing or two about football, have said that Macky has never been the issue.

Yeah he does because he is our best center, and a lot better than you make it seem. He was not the issue last year on the OL! I've heard those guys talking and saying that Chibane didn't play well and Hay always ket the unit from getting any sort of rhythm with his useless penalties. They never once mention Macky as the issue, and I have overheard Coach Wheatly and one of the other coaches say just about the same things last week when I saw them at the Dome. You need to get off of Macky because everyone within the program, and know a thing or two about football, have said that Macky has never been the issue.

you see his as a asset - i see him as a liability -he was recruited as a long snapper-not to be a starter at center-

anyway you slice it marrone hasnt recruited or developed a oline in 3 seasons

I would say we have much more depth than we have had in years prior, where do you come up with this stuff? One kid? We just lost two seniors, and return Pugh, and when somebody beats Macky out then fine, I think the kid is undersized as well as I doubt he tops 255. You have Hickey who hopefully can come back that is going to be solid, Pugh, Phillips, Robinson who is coming on, and Trudo, give some of these kids a year or two to develop, those that are RS and sophs. Personally, I think Chibane is the weak link.

I don't think you will keep Hickey or Trudo off the field if healthy. I also think that Robinson replace Pugh when he graduates, he is really coming on. tough kid and plays with streak as well, Marrone really likes the kid, maybe its the stache

"fluffy just n
He's a big boy but he appears to be a bit "fluffy". Also being from NYC he may take a bit more time to develop than the PA boys. If Palmer makes any serious noise before his 3rd year in the program I will be pleasently surprised.
eeds to be whipped into conditioning. the talent part is the basic ingredient you gotta have beyond the "fluff". He was rated very well by Allen Wallace in his preseason "Super Prep. I consider that the Bible of the recruiting prospects unless someone knows of a better one. Tom Lemming's publication and post season evaluations stink.We didn't even get into his top 50. Considering some of the kids now coming into the roster that is ludicrous.:bat:

I agree, Palmer needs to get into better shape, but he's a big, big boy, and athletic- that's a plus. He also enjoyed a very solid senior year. Palmer's an underrated, possibly overlooked, recruit. Remember, we offered this kid early, right after Senior Day, so he isn't considered a B-list type recruit. The staff saw something special in him early on and remain very high on his potential. I have a hunch he will emerge sooner than his 3rd year here.

Not a shot at Palmer's potential at all. I just have an overwhelming belief that offensive linemen shouldn't play early unless they are physically ready. Most aren't from day 1 but we've been strapped for options. It's not a shot at any of the players as much as a respect for the physicality of being a productive D1 lineman requires.

In my perfect world scenario this would be Macky's first year as starter and the last 2 years of "he's too small" posts would never have happened.

You expect him to get bigger and better with age? Preposterous.
images

How I imagine he would handle this situation.

Bill- "Is the young man related to a former SU Coach?"
Me- "That is inconsequential to whether or not he can play center at the Division I level."
Bill- "Just answer the question, kid."
Me- "The question doesn't pertain to his football playing abilities."
Bill- "I don't have to take this from you. Thank you for proving my point, now get off my show."

Me- "That is inconsequential to whether or not he can play center at the Division I level."
Bill- "I don't have to take this from you. Thank you for proving my point, now get off my show."

You'd have a bit more patience then I would with him. I loathe that guy but I guess that's what passes in the media anymore.

Bill : He's related to a former SU coach... and plays at SU... you can't explain that!
Me :
images

"Macky snaps, Macky tries to block, Macky allows a sack. Never a miscommunication."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This group needs to step up and put this offense on their shoulders. I was really looking forward to seeing this Trudo kid play but this will give someone else a chance to prove themselves and hopefully after hitting the books they are hitting the weight room and watching some tape on how to communicate and execute blocks when the defense blitzes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom