The offense isn't broken after all | Syracusefan.com

The offense isn't broken after all

Millhouse

Living Legend
Everyone had it all figured out, supposedly

Everyone upset about game management, I get it. I didn't get to watch. My son had baseball and then we had to race to a wedding an hour away.

But you can tell from the box score that the offense works. We had a fatal combo of line and QB before that isn't an issue anymore.

If babers goofy decisions get him fired, I hope we don't throw the baby out with the bath water and decide to go all rawr northeasty

Everyone upset about game management, I get it. I didn't get to watch. My son had baseball and then we had to race to a wedding an hour away.

But you can tell from the box score that the offense works. We had a fatal combo of line and QB before that isn't an issue anymore.

If babers goofy decisions get him fired, I hope we don't throw the baby out with the bath water and decide to go all rawr northeasty

Which is why I’m fine with the D giving up field goals. It’s a winning formula the way the offense is playing.

You think this offense is new age?

Is running the ball 80 percent of the time and not throwing further then 15 yards not northeasty though?
Passing 20 yards + : 2 for 6 (1 TD)
Passing 10 yards + : 1 for 5
Less than 10 yards : 8 for 10
Behind LOS : 4 for 4

3 for 11 past 10 yards. 2 total drops(1 medium, 1 short)

first part of the passing game is getting guys open.. after that its getting them open further down field.. still a work in progress but using the slant helped.

our issue is WRs that so far have more drops than contested catches this yr.. you think anyone makes that winning td catch on our team?

I’ve gotta agree with some of the last few posters. It was definitely much more exciting watching the QB get sacked and hold the ball not knowing where to throw it. Hate this brand new offense of scoring. Can’t we just take low % shots down the field all game?

first part of the passing game is getting guys open.. after that its getting them open further down field.. still a work in progress but using the slant helped.

our issue is WRs that so far have more drops than contested catches this yr.. you think anyone makes that winning td catch on our team?
For wake. 3 contested targets. 2 contested catches. 2 total drops.

For the year. 16 contested targets. 6 contested catches. 8 total drops for all passes.

We don’t need our QB to throw bombs, we have a former WR now QB1who can scramble with the best of them. Build the plays around him. Also his arm is not as bad as some of us make it out to be.
his arm has failed on many of the deeper throws though. there were 3-4 what was that throws sat.. then he throws some very nice throws as well.

We don’t need our QB to throw bombs, we have a former WR now QB1who can scramble with the best of them. Build the plays around him. Also his arm is not as bad as some of us make it out to be.
All along if feels like we've thrown bombs WAY too much. 2 runs up the middle, 30 yard bomb. (I get it. Stretch the field, blah blah blah) It might be a blessing that Shraders Forte isn't that low percentage throw.

Sure beats 3 and outs with at least one low percentage, poorly thrown deep ball.
It does. But that’s not what I meant? If you had actually read the thread you would have saw that he didn’t want to go back to “something northeasty” if we fired dino and all I was pointing out was that our current offense is northeasty

you dont need to throw bombs to open on the D.. but the threat helps.. if teams have to honor a deep threat then the safety gets pulled out of the box more and that helps the run.. even if we dont throw it we need a guy teams worry about. we had guys open 30 yds down field -5 times and Shrader didnt even attempt the pass and pulled it down .

you dont need to throw bombs to open on the D.. but the threat helps.. if teams have to honor a deep threat then the safety gets pulled out of the box more and that helps the run.. even if we dont throw it we need a guy teams worry about. we had guys open 30 yds down field -5 times and Shrader didnt even attempt the pass and pulled it down .

Agreed. It should be used situationally when teams load up to stop the Tucker / Shrader , and the threat of it might deter teams from selling out so much to stop the run.

If that's correct, we had about 11 bombs called? Smh. I get it. Gave him more room, but I was hoping we were gearing more towards an intermediate passing game(higher percentage), instead of the techmo bowl variety. I suppose calling bombs could be deemed a good run call.

Its almost like Shrader and Dungey say to heck with the low percentage pass call, I'm running.

If that's correct, we had about 11 bombs called? Smh. I get it. Gave him more room, but I was hoping we were gearing more towards an intermediate passing game(higher percentage), instead of the techmo bowl variety. I suppose calling bombs could be deemed a good run call.

Its almost like Shrader and Dungey say to heck with the low percentage call, i'm running.
Speaking of tecmo bowl this team feels like the New York team in that game, better at rushing. I could never pass using the NY team in that game lol.

Speaking of tecmo bowl this team feels like the New York team in that game, better at rushing. I could never pass using the NY team in that game lol.

Is that our real playbook? Lol

I love a run first team. IF they are effective. Amazing how different the oline looks with Schmidt. (Almost all of the same guys since 19) After Tucker, he and White are my Most Valuable Personnel.

Is that our real playbook? Lol

I love a run first team. IF they are effective. Amazing how different the oline looks with Schmidt. (Almost all of the same guys since 19) After Tucker, he and White are my Most Valuable Personnel.
I like a rush first team as well, not sure why so many people knock it. It controls the clock and keeps the D fresh. That being said, we have opened up the playbook a bit and they are trusting Shrader more.

We need GS to become a better thrower, and I believe he will become that. What we really need is a top end WR, I don't think Taj was that and he was the best we had, at least based on what we have seen, kinda hard to evaluate the new kids at this point. We need to hit on a WR in the portal, badly. No one respects our downfield passing game, and it sure as hell isn't just because of GS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom