The officiating was fair tonight. | Syracusefan.com

The officiating was fair tonight.

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
And that's all it's supposed to be. I got on with about 4 minutes to go in the first half. Aside from the ridiculous charge call on G - and it most certainly was that - I thought the officials were pretty good. Especially considering we were playing Duke at Cameron. And we had several of fouls to give at the end.

I thought the first was a bit ridiculous. But the second was overall fair. The only awful call was Plumlee's rebound where he literally landed on Lydon's back bringing the ball down.

I concur on that. A three man crew should have gotten that.

Cowtown said:
And that's all it's supposed to be. I got on with about 4 minutes to go in the first half. Aside from the ridiculous charge call on G - and it most certainly was that - I thought the officials were pretty good. Especially considering we were playing Duke at Cameron. And we had several of fouls to give at the end.

The first half was a joke.

The first half was a joke.

Like I said, I missed most of the first half. It makes you consider that, at the half, the officials figured out how to adjust.

Too many Duke no calls the first half. And then we may have got away with a few no calls in the second half.

It put G on the bench the last 2 minutes before half. Could have been catastrophic

I saw that on a replay at the last TV timeout of the half, I think. It was so bad, especially when they showed it from the camera at the baseline. It's discouraging that an official ranked that highly can kick a call that badly

I saw that on a replay at the last TV timeout of the half, I think. It was so bad, especially when they showed it from the camera at the baseline. It's discouraging that an official ranked that highly can kick a call that badly
At the time Dickie V couldn't bring himself to say it was a terrible call. Sean was all over it though. Go figure

At the time Dickie V couldn't bring himself to say it was a terrible call. Sean was all over it though. Go figure

Dickie always knows where he is, doesn't he? :D

Too many Duke no calls the first half. And then we may have got away with a few no calls in the second half.

Quite possibly. I looked at the foul count in the box score and it was 15-14.

Plumlee out of bounds on the baseline not called 3 times

Those were close though. I rewound on a couple of them and he was inbounds right before he got the ball. I don't know about the last one because they never showed his feet.

Plumlee out of bounds on the baseline not called 3 times

I thought he traveled a few times and got away with it, didn't see the line violations. One thing I did see is that as lead (on the baseline) in Cameron, you're often too close to the play to see that. You can't step back to get a wide enough angle, especially when you have players that big and fast to deal with. :noidea:

I was "plesently" surprised we didn't get called for a couple right near the end. Overall I don't think we can complain too much, even though there were a few bad calls or missed calls.

About that offensive foul on G . . . Initially I thought it to be impossible to call an offensive foul when the defender jumps to stop you, but on the third replay, I saw G throw his elbow at the guy's head. I believe that was why. Thevrefs really did let them play today. Amazing!

the officiating was pretty bad. BUT the officiating had been so terrible leading up to this, that by comparison it seemed fair.

Allen and Plumlee both traveled on key layups in the closing minutes.

Ingram walks everytime he puts the ball on the floor. Every, single, time.

I thought the first was a bit ridiculous. But the second was overall fair. The only awful call was Plumlee's rebound where he literally landed on Lydon's back bringing the ball down.

What? The "under the back call"? Did you think it was suppose to be "over the back"? And funny thing is that Plumlee was so on his back that he was getting a piggy back ride.
But in general I was also pleased with the non Duke calls that we usually see in the 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom