The Open Championship | Syracusefan.com

The Open Championship

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
I was surprised to not find another thread on the British Open; unless it's buried on the Hoops Forum somewhere. I did not get up from my television yesterday morning. This year's majors have been great so far. Els is one of my favorites, so I was pulling for him all weekend, but I did not expect him to actually win. I was rooting for Scott to make that last putt; I hate to see anyone lose in such a manner.

The British Open is becoming my favorite major. It's great to wake up in the morning and have golf already on the television. I thought ESPN's coverage was decent; although once the final two groups were on the course, they ignored Els for far too long.

Love the British Open. I was glad to see Els make a good showing too, but didn't want to see Scott boot it the way he did. What a shame for him.

It was worth watching just see Tiger blow up in a final round of yet another major this year.

I wish ABC went back to getting the rights to the Open. It was far and away the best coverage of a major during its time.

AB
I wish ABC went back to getting the rights to the Open. It was far and away the best coverage of a major during its time.

ABC doesn't even have sports anymore, do they? ESPN does all their coverage, I think.

AB

ABC doesn't even have sports anymore, do they? ESPN does all their coverage, I think.

They dont really. I was just reminiscing of the old days when they used to cover the US Open and Open Championships when Jim McKay announced.

all the open coverage has always been done by the BBC with the us tv markets overlay the voice

all the open coverage has always been done by the BBC with the us tv markets overlay the voice
Not true any longer. ESPN has it's own camera and production crew over there. One of the extra feeds offered on ESPN3.com was the world feed.

They dont really. I was just reminiscing of the old days when they used to cover the US Open and Open Championships when Jim McKay announced.

Here's what I miss:
Ironically, ESPN and Cable TV in general spelled the death knell of the greatest sports show ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom