The path to 6 wins and a bowl game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The path to 6 wins and a bowl game

How can you say we'll beat FSU "fairly easily." The narrative FSU isn't good is mind boggling to me. That is the last game on the schedule I can see us winning.

Louisville has 31 points now...at the half, but they don't have the offense to beat us? We scored 10 against a garbage NC State team.

I can see a win in any game, exception being FSU. I can also see a loss in every game. Depends on guys returning from injuries and if the O-line can protect and open up any running lanes.

Have you watched FSU this year?

I have a little. They blew NC State out, and played Virginia tough.

On the road, I’m sure they’ll be favored against us and for good reason.

What does playing Virginia tough mean? They lost to Miami and needed Florida State and ODU to give away to game to win. They're not as impressive as their record looks. They're another middling ACC team that happens to play in the worst division overall.

What does playing Virginia tough mean? They lost to Miami and needed Florida State and ODU to give away to game to win. They're not as impressive as their record looks. They're another middling ACC team that happens to play in the worst division overall.

It means they’ve accomplished more than we have.

It means they’ve accomplished more than we have.

Enough of the smart ass replies. There are enough of them on this board. Either answer it or don't.

ville is smoking wake right now
Saw that too when I turned it on. I guess neither team has a defense, but that ended closer than I expected earlier in the game.

I think we only have one more bad game left. Duke or FSU.

See 2 or 3 losses still and a couple coming where we play well and should have won.

Whether we lose out or not Dino has shown us he can win 10 games here with the right QB. He just needs to get his head out of his arse and make the necessary off season moves.

They only have Paris Ford for the 2nd half against us.

He was naughty in his last game.
Thankfully, for Pitt, our first half offensive approach is non existent.

Have you watched FSU this year?

Yes, I have. Have you watched Syracuse? FSU barely lost to Boise State and beat NC State. We scored 10 points against an abysmal NC state team. FSU is better than SU and we will be underdogs. We can't protect the QB or open running lanes. It is very difficult for us to score against a P5 opponent.

Yes, I have. Have you watched Syracuse? FSU barely lost to Boise State and beat NC State. We scored 10 points against an abysmal NC state team. FSU is better than SU and we will be underdogs. We can't protect the QB or open running lanes. It is very difficult for us to score against a P5 opponent.
FSU has some serious athletes. Makes them dangerous any week.

These last six games are indeed all 50/50 games. I have been and will continue to be a big supporter of Coach Dino Babers. In my humble opinion, he will have to do probably his best job as a head coach since he first became one. Each team left on this schedule presents a different set of opportunities and obstacles. To date his team is 500%, 3 wins, 3 losses. His losses have been to put it mildly ugly and his wins have been unsatisfying/uninspiring. They have beaten who they should have but not the way they should have. They have lost badly to a team (Maryland) that has been mediocre at best and to a NC State team that this was the year to beat them. Clemson is Clemson and they hung tough for a while, but the air went out of the balloon with the fair weather fan base after that game. The question that is on most fans mind now is how does this end up. Well, it's not up to us, it's up to him, his staff and the players. Time to right the ship before it sinks. Hopefully it's starts this Friday against Pittsburgh. Here's to wishing we see some new faces on offense and some play calling that allows them to succeed. Go Orange.

The same FSU that should have lost to Louisiana Monroe?

The same FSU that should have lost to Louisiana Monroe?

Yup, that one. Do you honestly believe we won't be underdogs? It's not impossible for us to win, but it's unlikely.

this team was ranked and expected to compete for the ACC title. i'm not concerned about simply qualifying for a bowl. i want this team to contend for the league title and everything after is candy on the corn.

this team was ranked and expected to compete for the ACC title. i'm not concerned about simply qualifying for a bowl. i want this team to contend for the league title and everything after is candy on the corn.

Sometimes expectations need to be readjusted. We’ve only made 4 bowls in 9 years this decade, we’re in no position to look down on the significance of making a bowl. From everything I’ve seen, I’m seriously questioning if we’re good enough to do that. Hope I’m wrong.

I'm not feeling so great about the Louisville game either now. I don't think we can score enough to keep up with any of these teams.
Agreed, I'm challenged to think we win one of those. It looks like we're on par with BC at best

The Pitt game is a must win. If we lose, we’re likely on a path to a 5-7 season. So many underestimated what Dungey meant to this team.

I don’t think we underestimated losing Dungey but overestimated our O system. The whole point is to stretch the field and force the D to make a decision on what to play. If we run the oline shouldn’t need to do much. If we pass the oline shouldn't need to do much. The fact that our first read is wrong the majority of the time is worrisome.

Is it just me or does it seem like we line up then look to the sideline for a play less often this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom