The path to a full Dome in 2019 | Syracusefan.com

The path to a full Dome in 2019

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I think at this point it's pretty simple.

Every win from this point forward in the season increases the certainty of bigger regular attendance at the Dome.

We get to 9, combine the excitement and energy coming off of this season with the prospect of a smooth transition at QB, and merit a preseason Top 25 ranking, and fans will come. It will be an event.

We get to 10 or more... we're blowing off the roof.

There's a lot to sell for the future. People will want to see it first hand.

I think at this point it's pretty simple.

Every win from this point forward in the season increases the certainty of bigger regular attendance at the Dome.

We get to 9, combine the excitement and energy coming off of this season with the prospect of a smooth transition at QB, and merit a preseason Top 25 ranking, and fans will come. It will be an event.

We get to 10 or more... we're blowing off the roof.

There's a lot to sell for the future. People will want to see it first hand.
Attendance will continue to climb at the beginning of ‘19. Keep the current trajectory and fan support will be strong.

Many of have said winning fixes everything. And I mean everything.
It's not just that though. It really isn't. We would see packed houses when we play the FCS teams if it was. The proper attention has been given to improving the whole experience, and it'll get even better with the Dome renovation. We have players on the roster that will be fun to watch.

Winning matters, of course. But there are other things that can be controlled that matter, and Wildhack gets that.

It's not just that though. It really isn't. We would see packed houses when we play the FCS teams if it was. The proper attention has been given to improving the whole experience, and it'll get even better with the Dome renovation. We have players on the roster that will be fun to watch.

Winning matters, of course. But there are other things that can be controlled that matter, and Wildhack gets that.
The conference opponents should be able to sell themselves when we get to the point we need to get to. Then we can use the promos to fill the place for the lesser opponents (even Clemson does that).

One thing they could do us can that screeching lady interviewing people on the big screen. Poor thing doesn't have the voice for it and the PA system sucks. We can do without the whole thing. Very annoying. Just a cacophony that can't be understood.

They need to start selling season tickets TODAY for next year...

Several people I know have already said they want to get season tickets next year but they’re waiting to see if Dino stays at the end of the season first.

Several people I know have already said they want to get season tickets next year but they’re waiting to see if Dino stays at the end of the season first.

No doubt this is going to be a HUGE factor, they need to coincide his contract extension with season ticket sales beginning for next year...

It will never happen but Dino should come out and challenged the fan base. If we get 1K new season ticket holders, I will extend my contract an extra year. 2K and I’ll extend 2 years. Let’s make this a partnership we can both buy in to.

One thing they could do us can that screeching lady interviewing people on the big screen. Poor thing doesn't have the voice for it and the PA system sucks. We can do without the whole thing. Very annoying. Just a cacophony that can't be understood.

Agree totally with your comments. TaNesha is much, much better on TV.

8F44395E-F960-46B2-812F-263B86837287.jpeg

I mean not sure if her being on the big screen effects attendance but she is bad. Friday night game and the first line she said last night "Welcome to another Football Saturday"...LOL

She doesn't understand football either which doesn't help. Use the guy the Crunch uses and move him around the Dome during the game to do those spots. Or get someone who understands football.

YES! Furthermore, it takes up time when we could be cheering or doing those silly dances or holding up our babies or doing the wave. Those interviews have to go. I couldn’t hear a single word Don McPherson said.

No that’s not what I mean winning records and consistently winning conferences games. Beating up on Wagner is what we are supposed to do.

Last edited:
Should make it an official, per home game, effort to organize the fundraising on this board to send underpriviledged and/or service members to every game.

Make it an initiative and name it after a worthy cuse fan or player.

This can be how we sustain our own extra effort towards attendance and, down the line, word may spread and it could be an impressive tradition.

I think what richmondcuse did was more impactful than anyone understands, and its something to build off of.

Should make it an official, per home game, effort to organize the fundraising on this board to send underpriviledged and/or service members to every game.

Make it an initiative and name it after a worthy cuse fan or player.

This can be how we sustain our own extra effort towards attendance and, down the line, word may spread and it could be an impressive tradition.

I think what richmondcuse did was more impactful than anyone understands, and its something to build off of.

Maybe name it have current or recently retired players as a way to keep them involved with the program. Can tag them on social media and maybe it will catch on? Maybe like Freeney, Harrison, McNabb, Jones ect. Maybe catch a big donation that way also. Maybe can make a challenge to them to see who can send the most kids ?

Maybe name it have current or recently retired players as a way to keep them involved with the program. Can tag them on social media and maybe it will catch on? Maybe like Freeney, Harrison, McNabb, Jones ect. Maybe catch a big donation that way also. Maybe can make a challenge to them to see who can send the most kids ?
Off topic idea i was going to throw out there was renaming our football board after Dungey

I mean not sure if her being on the big screen effects attendance but she is bad. Friday night game and the first line she said last night "Welcome to another Football Saturday"...LOL

She doesn't understand football either which doesn't help. Use the guy the Crunch uses and move him around the Dome during the game to do those spots. Or get someone who understands football.
Kind of related, but her counterpart Lisa from Gomez and Lisa on TK99 is just as bad. It's even worse during their morning radio show when they interview someone from the football program each day. I just cringe when she asks questions sometimes because you can just tell she knows little to nothing about football. It's really a disservice to the program, and they could do a much better job marketing themselves on the radio during prime time morning commute.

Kind of related, but her counterpart Lisa from Gomez and Lisa on TK99 is just as bad. It's even worse during their morning radio show when they interview someone from the football program each day. I just cringe when she asks questions sometimes because you can just tell she knows little to nothing about football. It's really a disservice to the program, and they could do a much better job marketing themselves on the radio during prime time morning commute.
Agree. I mean there are females that know football that are on TV locally who could do this. Molly Matott and/or Victoria Carmen or Lisa Spitz from WSTM comes to mind and would be great in those roles. Have a little personality and a little knowledge of football and that's all that is needed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom