The powers that be are listening | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The powers that be are listening

Disappointing that the band is not considered a primary option during timeouts. If I want to see a talk show I’d just stay on my couch.

Disappointing that the band is not considered a primary option during timeouts. If I want to see a talk show I’d just stay on my couch.
Agreed. I don’t mind the concept of the “show” pre game, halftime, and post game, but during it I want the band. Which btw is under new direction of a guy from the big 10. The quad show was good, and he kind of emceed the whole thing. Drumline is tighter than in years past.

I missed the Wagner pregame so I don’t have a basis to compare but I thought the quad experiment was majorly disappointing. To quote wildhack, I was expecting a family oriented festival atmosphere. All I saw were some big tents where you could wait in eternally long lines for food and catch ESPN If you were tall enough or lucky enough to find a place to sit. The DJ at 10:30 is just weird.

So enough complaining - how would I improve this? First recommendation is to put smaller food tents in a ring around the quad - bring in food trucks if you have to. This would spread the crowd a bit and break up the long waits. Have a few of those big white tents like they did today but just for seating. They need a giant projection screen or wall for the game day telecast similar to what’s hanging in the atrium at destiny.

Inner quad needs to bring back bouncy houses, football throwing and kicking challenges, maybe a face painting booth - just things to make it fun and engaging for families with children. I brought my young kids and there was nothing for them to do. Maybe they’re purposely not targeting that demographic but it’s a huge mistake in my book. Young kids are a future business investment.

Maybe others saw this experience differently but I saw it as a failed experiment.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I really liked the captions rolling on one of the ribbon boards during the game. Great for people with a hearing disability,but I even found myself reading it a couple of times to see what the announcer said.

I missed the Wagner pregame so I don’t have a basis to compare but I thought the quad experiment was majorly disappointing. To quote wildhack, I was expecting a family oriented festival atmosphere. All I saw were some big tents where you could wait in eternally long lines for food and catch ESPN If you were tall enough or lucky enough to find a place to sit. The DJ at 10:30 is just weird.

So enough complaining - how would I improve this? First recommendation is to put smaller food tents in a ring around the quad - bring in food trucks if you have to. This would spread the crowd a bit and break up the long waits. Have a few of those big white tents like they did today but just for seating. They need a giant projection screen or wall for the game day telecast similar to what’s hanging in the atrium at destiny.

Inner quad needs to bring back bouncy houses, football throwing and kicking challenges, maybe a face painting booth - just things to make it fun and engaging for families with children. I brought my young kids and there was nothing for them to do. Maybe they’re purposely not targeting that demographic but it’s a huge mistake in my book. Young kids are a future business investment.

Maybe others saw this experience differently but I saw it as a failed experiment.
To be fair, the cheerleader pop up has face painting in the quad for every game, and have for years.
And there was a spot to toss balls and other challenges for both games so far in the quad.

To be fair, the cheerleader pop up has face painting in the quad for every game, and have for years.
And there was a spot to toss balls and other challenges for both games so far in the quad.

We walked around everywhere so it wasn’t properly advertised. The layout needs to separate the food from the seating areas - it was just a cluster F.

I think that this year is a nice starting point, something to build upon. I'm really happy that the administration is at the very least trying to engage its fanbase. They certainly have things that can be improved in the set-up of the event.

That said, it was really good to see the Quad so active prior to a game. If they're open to taking solid feedback from the fanbase on improvements, seems to me this could grow into a nice pregame destination.

I think there was an article regarding A/C in the dome starting next year but they really need something for better fan experience. You can't expect 40k+ to show up to steam inside nearly 90 degrees for 4 hours.

I think that this year is a nice starting point, something to build upon. I'm really happy that the administration is at the very least trying to engage its fanbase. They certainly have things that can be improved in the set-up of the event.

That said, it was really good to see the Quad so active prior to a game. If they're open to taking solid feedback from the fanbase on improvements, seems to me this could grow into a nice pregame destination.
Agreed - but I’ve been to numerous festivals and I’ve never seen a setup where the food and seating are jammed together. Better signage would also help - common sense stuff - otherwise you have no clue what’s in each tent unless you literally walk inside, and even then it wasn’t clear where to go because the crowd cuts off sight lines. They also need to do away with the temporary fencing - around the tents - made it much harder to navigate.

That said - John I hope you’re reading this.

We walked around everywhere so it wasn’t properly advertised. The layout needs to separate the food from the seating areas - it was just a cluster F.
This cheerleader tent is at an intersection of the quad across from the radio show tent/stage. Same spot every game.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I really liked the captions rolling on one of the ribbon boards during the game. Great for people with a hearing disability,but I even found myself reading it a couple of times to see what the announcer said.
Speaking of announcers, was anyone else annoyed by the two whiny women doing interviews? :mad:

there is organization for anything on the quad. there are several tents.. couldnt begin to tell you which is which, i guess there is a season ticket holder tent? the new good tent was just a mass of people but you really wouldnt know you wanted to go it. why not 2-3 signs outside the quad that explain where stuff is. if you dont go often who would know where the DJ was, the band, the cheerleaders, the food..

a couple of nicely done sign/maps would help a ton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom