The QB Room, next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The QB Room, next year

Have you seen him throw the football? I wouldn’t be holding my breath
He had an impressive offer list. Watching some of his film, I think he is gonna be good.

SC guys talking about him after his commit.

Not writing him off but I am not comfortable handing him or CDRW the keys next year.
Not that I am at practices or anything. Take advantage of what looks like a very manageable schedule next year.
Seriously?

Never Mind I Give Up GIF

Hopefully, Jakhari Williams will be the man in a few years to follow up next year's starter.

Have you seen him throw the football? I wouldn’t be holding my breath
Hmmm. A lot of scouts don't share your opinion. Maybe you're right and maybe not. If Beck chose him that works for me.

So it won't matter which QB gets the rock until we bump our oline up. Hard stop. There are other issues also with our WRs. If people don't want a running QB, then we better spend every Nil dollar on oline or any non scrambling QB will be sacked 15 times a game. Every dollar. Everyone on offense this season has to take some ownership for the breakdown on offense though. QB, WR, oline and RB.
Agree 100%
I'll take an average QB, behind a good offensive line, over a good QB with a bad offensive line all day long. Paired with a good defense, these are usually very good teams.
I've seen Superbowl winners with avg QBs, and great o lines. I haven't seen super bowl champs with average-great QBs and poor offensive lines. Although Cincis line a couple years ago came close to pulling it off.

Not sure why there isn't more buzz around this kid. Might be a sleeper.
I'm cool with no buzz. At this point, he's nothing more than hope. Nobody knows what he can do.
Drew Allen, Shrader, Devito, CDRW, Villari, hell even AJ long, and Zach Allen, were all hyped and buzzed up, because they were either a 4star, or came from an SEC school, or a blue blood, or they did well at the Elite 11...
I just don't think people realize what a hole hiring GRob left us in.
The cream rises to the top, and GRob relegated us to skim milk status for so long, that 20 years later we're just getting into that 2% milk tier...yet whole milk status seems so far away.
It's going to take a recruiting coup, like with McNabb, or landing a few consecutive finds like a Dungey, to get us whole again.

Not for nothing, but I've learned the hard way not to prejudge a schedule as "manageable", especially with this coach & this team.
I've also come to respect the fact that games are played on the field, not on paper...a year in advance. Call me a healthy skeptic.
Fair enough, but no P5 in the OOC and no Clemson or NC and UVA rotates in, plus a BC team we usually beat.. not bad, unless the coach and team go into the tank, that is

There's more talented QBs than top programs and no one wants to sit anymore. Syracuse will be able to find a good transfer if they have a starting spot open. Personally, i would argue that Shrader is pretty near a mid-tier transfer, a good get but not irreplaceable. The question is whether or not they will be be a fit for the system (and not turn out like Phil J @ pitt)
I think we have to recruit better Offensive Linemen. We have to win most of these second half of the season games to get any decent portal players. No decent quarterback is going to want to come to SU if the offensive line is the main weak point. I don’t know why we recruit well at other positions, except offensive line.

I think we have to recruit better Offensive Linemen. We have to win most of these second half of the season games to get any decent portal players. No decent quarterback is going to want to come to SU if the offensive line is the main weak point. I don’t know why we recruit well at other positions, except offensive line.
We get OL every recruiting class, even had a couple four stars (Cruz and White), tough to get good line play though. It’s an epidemic honestly, o lines are at an all time bad across the country

They need to find 3-4 OL first and foremost.

More has been a dud due to injury, Wohlabaugh lost to injury (he will be a starter), Reed has been up and down but you can see the potential in him.

Not getting Willie Tyler, who we all mocked in regards to his journey in college, definitely hurt - he did well at Rutgers last year and is doing very good at Louisville this year. He would have stabilized a tackle spot.

They need to find 3-4 OL first and foremost.

More has been a dud due to injury, Wohlabaugh lost to injury (he will be a starter), Reed has been up and down but you can see the potential in him.

Not getting Willie Tyler, who we all mocked in regards to his journey in college, definitely hurt - he did well at Rutgers last year and is doing very good at Louisville this year. He would have stabilized a tackle spot.
We need a new oline coach. Technique and coaching go a long way here. Marrone turned grobs cake eaters into a decent group pretty quickly.

Upgraded OL and WR
Then we might have a “good” on the rooster
If we can’t upgrade those two spots really doesn’t matter who we have at QB
In this day and age we need to be able to pay market rate for “good” coaches and WRs.

In this day and age we need to be able to pay market rate for “good” coaches and WRs.
Yeah going to have to find some serious money for the off season

Not sure why there isn't more buzz around this kid. Might be a sleeper.

If there were more buzz, he wouldn't be a sleeper. For the record, I have no idea if he will be good or not. :)

Hmmm. A lot of scouts don't share your opinion. Maybe you're right and maybe not. If Beck chose him that works for me.
The guy that Beck chose is currently at South Carolina and cracked their 3 deep as a true frosh.

This is the guy we scrambled to add after said true frosh bumped him down to 5th on the SC depth chart.

But yeah he had some high end offers before he dropped like a rock in the rankings as a senior so there’s always that.

Maybes and potential are nice but we need someone proven.

Why does CDRW not playing this year have anything to do with his ability to start next year, and why does it signify that he won't be in the running next year? Name me a team that has their second string player playing consistently this year.

GS is so middle of the road in terms of passing (arm strength, accuracy) that its insane so many people are writing off talented guys on our roster like Davis and CDRW. People really think that whomever emerges from camp next year if its down to the 2 of them would be a big dropoff?

I'm worried about the Wide Receivers we don't recruit well enough to totally overhaul the position and just bring in new guys and I don't think anyone other than Gadsden can be trusted to not drop every other pass no matter how easy a catch it is. OL and RB concern me for various reasons next year. QB not really I think we get similar production at worst from Davis or Del Rio Wilson.

Why does CDRW not playing this year have anything to do with his ability to start next year, and why does it signify that he won't be in the running next year? Name me a team that has their second string player playing consistently this year.

Next starting QB is likely coming through the Portal. Staff likes CDRW but have been told he has flaws that make him being the starter untenable at this level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom