The QB Room, next year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The QB Room, next year

Fair enough, but no P5 in the OOC and no Clemson or NC and UVA rotates in, plus a BC team we usually beat.. not bad, unless the coach and team go into the tank, that is
Except--
With Calford & SMU coming on board, we don't know who we'll be playing in-league next season.

GS is so middle of the road in terms of passing (arm strength, accuracy) that its insane so many people are writing off talented guys on our roster like Davis and CDRW. People really think that whomever emerges from camp next year if its down to the 2 of them would be a big dropoff?

I'm worried about the Wide Receivers we don't recruit well enough to totally overhaul the position and just bring in new guys and I don't think anyone other than Gadsden can be trusted to not drop every other pass no matter how easy a catch it is. OL and RB concern me for various reasons next year. QB not really I think we get similar production at worst from Davis or Del Rio Wilson.
You’re literally comparing a 3 year starter with one guy with limited spot duty and another that hasn’t even seen a spring game. And both who transferred here after they couldn’t climb the depth chart at their original schools.

Yes, I think there will be a big drop off.

You’re literally comparing a 3 year starter with one guy with limited spot duty and another that hasn’t even seen a spring game. And both who transferred here after they couldn’t climb the depth chart at their original schools.

Yes, I think there will be a big drop off.
Our starter couldn’t climb the depth chart at his original school either. Not sure what your point is there.

Our starter couldn’t climb the depth chart at his original school either. Not sure what your point is there.
Our starter started at his original school as a true freshman before a coaching change. He actually played multiple games as a starting QB in the SEC.

But yeah you’re right no point there. Exactly the same scenario. :confused:

That’s incorrect.

Our starter started at his original school as a true freshman before a coaching change. He actually played multiple games as a starting QB in the SEC.

But yeah you’re right no point there. Exactly the same scenario. :confused:
Our starter also got moved to WR once a coach that would throw the ball came in.

We currently have 3 portal QBs making up our entire QB depth chart and all 3 stink so the answer is to bring in another portal QB. The chances of bringing in an above average portal QB who's going to start and win games - next season - is slim.

For it to happen we better hope it's because he wants a graduate degree from Newhouse and there better be sacks of money available, otherwise the next portal QB will be no different that the current roster mix. I don't have great confidence we'll be bringing in a ready made starter.

We currently have 3 portal QBs making up our entire QB depth chart and all 3 stink so the answer is to bring in another portal QB. The chances of bringing in an above average portal QB who's going to start and win games - next season - is slim.

For it to happen we better hope it's because he wants a graduate degree from Newhouse and there better be sacks of money available, otherwise the next portal QB will be no different that the current roster mix. I don't have great confidence we'll be bringing in a ready made starter.
I would also think that any portal QB that is any good and looking for a challenge isn't looking to play against Ohio, Army, Holy Cross and UConn. I think the weak schedule works against us here as far as getting a top talent.

careful...people will try to tell you that's incorrect
Careful. People will also tell you a guy that has started multiple games has the same experience level as guys who haven’t.

I would also think that any portal QB that is any good and looking for a challenge isn't looking to play against Ohio, Army, Holy Cross and UConn. I think the weak schedule works against us here as far as getting a top talent.
Yes but the ACC schedule is not a walk in the park! The early schedule helps our new QB adjust to the offense and the players around him!

That’s not true. Having a starting spot open completely changes the transfer calculus. Bringing in backups was never going to yield top tier talent, why would it? So long as you avoid the Jurkovecks of the world transfer QBs have worked out pretty well across the country.

You don’t think they want to come in and put up gaudy numbers to support a potential all American campaign?

You’re kidding right? They still have to play top tier teams in the ACC that doesn’t go away.

I read that at first as “sack money”. $ every time he gets sacked. Lol

I don’t think that’s a factor at all. Half the SEC plays schools I’ve never even heard of. Plus, playing those schools builds your stats and makes you stand out long term if you’re hoping the NFL looks at you. Still need to perform against ACC opponents but nobody is looking to transfer to a college with the hardest schedule because it’s a hard schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom