the refs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

the refs

They called that out at the halftime show too. And the WR that was "pushed" out of bounds was the weakest push I've ever seen.
Its in NC what did u thinkwould happen. U have to beat them without calls like this.

“Refs had zero impact on game”

“Calls even out”

Etc….

Guys like Josh Pate have been banging the drum all year about how awful college officiating is. One of the big issues is what a bureaucratic mess it is - every conference having their own officials in 2024 is like every NFL division having their own officials. The only reason it still goes on is there are people in each conference office that want to maintain their power.

One of the eventual outcomes - I think - of what is going on with the power conferences is that eventually officiating with be nationalized and standardized. But it’s going to take way to long, in part because there isn’t nearly enough pain in maintaining the status quo. After all, we’re still watching - and in the end that’s all that matters.

These refs should be fired, this is absolutely the worst since the “above the knees” penalty against Tennessee

No they shouldn't.

They are there to call good games, except against carpetbaggers like cuse.

I hate blaming the refs in sports. It’s silly. However, it’s hard to feel like we’re not being singled out as a northern team in a southern conference.
Syracuse isn’t close to good enough to justify that… but hey, BC and Pitt say the same thing

Syracuse isn’t close to good enough to justify that… but hey, BC and Pitt say the same thing
I kinda think that’s the point. You can’t let the mediocre northern team beat the Magnificent Seven teams because those teams might leave.

If that was forced out of bounds, it was like blowing on a feather. Seriously? That was no force.
it doesn’t take much to knock someone going full speed a few inches off of his line. I think in reality, he probably bumped him just enough to do it, but was still a ridiculous call.

I hate blaming the refs in sports. It’s silly. However, it’s hard to feel like we’re not being singled out as a northern team in a southern conference.
I don’t hate blaming bad refs after a win. It’s the best time of all.

I kept saying to myself, “Jesus, they’ve got the knives out. We’ll have to overcome this.”

The receiver “forced” out of bounds? If I touched you like that passing in a bar, I wouldn’t even say “excuse me.”

Was a Miami guy for a bit
I feel for the guy, he has Parkinson's, but he wouldn't allow Gus Edwards to transfer to Syracuse when Gus left Miami because Richt didn't want to face him when we were going to play Miami in 2017. Gus went to Rutgers and parlayed that into an outstanding NFL career. Richt was a tool in that situation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom