The shocker | Syracusefan.com

The shocker

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Not 2 in the ... And 1 in the ... either. Its the versatility this team has. If a starter is having a bad night we have players on the bench who would and could start on less loaded cuse teams. Strong competition at all positions which lights fires under each players buttocks's to bring their A game every night. Its shockingly impressive to see the potential in our younger players and high ceilings some of these guys have. Its a good time to be a SU bball fan right now.

Not 2 in the ... And 1 in the ... either. Its the versatility this team has. If a starter is having a bad night we have players on the bench who would and could start on less loaded cuse teams. Strong competition at all positions which lights fires under each players buttocks's to bring their A game every night. Its shockingly impressive to see the potential in our younger players and high ceilings some of these guys have. Its a good time to be a SU bball fan right now.
JB made the point in his post game presser that he has told the reserves to go out there and play like starters.

...and in presser said...the player playing better that night gets more time...so lets no longer debate the Scoop, Triche, Waiters, CJ, Christmas who should start, who should play posts. Let's see two or three games and see if JB really does as he says.

Here is the issue with whoever plays best plays the most. When Triche has a great night, does Dion not get off the bench? How does Dion take that? If KJ is rolling and Xmas is boarding, does Fair sit and watch? To a certain level, there needs to be an established rotation so everyone knows they are playing, and about when in the game they are playing.

If KJ is rolling and Xmas is boarding, does Pace sit and watch? To a certain level, there needs to be an established rotation so everyone knows they are playing, and about when in the game they are playing.

I think that Pace would have no other option but to sit and watch ... from the stands?

Guys I think everybody is over thinking this! The starter start everybody gets their chance to play and whomever is playing the best finishes the game! And as long as they keeping win there is no reason to change anything and the JB gets to stand at the presser and say "the players determine who plays" its a win-win situation!

Here is the issue with whoever plays best plays the most. When Triche has a great night, does Dion not get off the bench? How does Dion take that? If KJ is rolling and Xmas is boarding, does Pace sit and watch? To a certain level, there needs to be an established rotation so everyone knows they are playing, and about when in the game they are playing.
Didn't know Pace had eligibility left. If he does, get him out there!

But I disagree on the "there needs to be an established rotation." I think you go based on how players are playing, how the game is shaping up, etc. Everyone knows their role. Waiters will be the first player off the bench 95% of the time. Keita will get minutes, MCW will get minutes, Fair will get minutes. How much will depend on how they play and how others play. It's the same way JB has always done it, and it works.

Didn't know Pace had eligibility left. If he does, get him out there!

But I disagree on the "there needs to be an established rotation." I think you go based on how players are playing, how the game is shaping up, etc. Everyone knows their role. Waiters will be the first player off the bench 95% of the time. Keita will get minutes, MCW will get minutes, Fair will get minutes. How much will depend on how they play and how others play. It's the same way JB has always done it, and it works.

Agreed. And what kind of knucklehead teammate would have a problem with his team playing well and the starter in front of him having a great night? (Actually, I'd rather never learn the answer to that question.)

Agreed. And what kind of knucklehead teammate would have a problem with his team playing well and the starter in front of him having a great night? (Actually, I'd rather never learn the answer to that question.)
Well said. And I'm with you, it's probably better if we don't learn the answer to that lol.

http://www.nationoforange.com

i meant it as if someones not playing well the players on the bench who are fully capable will play and not have to worry about not getting minutes.

I'd take that result, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom