The sleeping giant has awoken | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The sleeping giant has awoken

This is my last post on the subject, because I don't usually get drawn into these long discussions. But what exactly does it mean to awaken a sleeping giant? Does that mean that the giant is now going to immediately stomp over all of the little guys? Maybe he is just awakening. Just stretching out a little bit. Getting his feet going because it takes the giant a minute or two after awakening to really get his blood flowing. So today was maybe the "just waking up" part. Next comes the stomping. So I still go with the original poster based on MY interpretation of "awakening a sleeping giant" And I am glad he woke up and is still not sleeping because I would be waiting a long time for the next game.

So? Is there a point there? We won. We may have gotten some much needed confidence back. Who cares how, why or against who.

Sent using my Commodore 64
Yes we won against a very poor team. Confidence back might be a bit of a stretch. We are not a very strong team. If the stars and the moon line up we might win a few games in the dance but this is not a strong team

Beating the Pitts, and Louisvilles says more to me, because to beat those teams you have to hustle for every loose ball, and rebound. We win today than we may just be starting to build some momentum.

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again here:

We beat a team that went 3-15 in BE play by 12, and that included hitting two free throws to make it that final margin. We did not hold one lead in the entire first half. It was a single digit game with about 8 minutes to go. We needed one of our best offensive performances in quite awhile just to get to that final margin.

Let's not get carried away here. It was nice to win, and it's a nice momentum builder, but beating Seton Hall by 12 does not exactly equate to a sleeping giant waking up. Let's try to temper things just a tad.
Can you say it one more one please

Incase you forgot, the "negative" responses in the thread are due to the title of the thread about sleeping giant awakening.

All reasonable people are saying is that this game does not really support that assertion.

In the words of Winston Wolf.."lets not start sucking each others quite yet"

Pucker up. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom