The solution to our offensive woes isn’t make more shots | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The solution to our offensive woes isn’t make more shots

Tesla. Space. Lovely night. 2+2 equals ff.

th

I'm sick of hearing it's the players and not the offense. Do we forget about the last 3 years? At what point is JB accountable? What excuse will it be next year?

Some of you say good offense can't make up for bad players. I say good players can make up for bad coaching. That's what we need. We have better players than 80-90% of the country and it's not good enough. We rank 288 in scoring. Horrible. I know our adjusted offense is middle of the pack but that's because we take 29 seconds to miss a forced shot.

its not embarrassing because of that lie.
We never made duke work or break a sweat on defense. we look like we’ve never seen a zone year after year. Are you perfectly ok with that?

Last edited:
Attack the zone through the high post with a tall guy who can make a 10 footer and pass. Ya got one? Yeah, we got one.

Our solution is wait until next year.

It's too late in the season to think something is just going to start clicking given this roster.

Attack the zone through the high post with a tall guy who can make a 10 footer and pass. Ya got one? Yeah, we got one.
Speaking on that...why does Dolezaj continue his refusal to shoot? He passed up this shot of which you speak about 10 times yesterday as did Moyer. It might have changed the game to a 6 or 7 point loss if they had just taken the wide open ones.

Not mirror image. Not quite sure. Just smoked my bong I work sundays ya know.

They are playing fine. Do you expect Chukwu or Moyer to score in any offensive setting on any team?

I agree completely with this title.

Saying a bad shooting team just needs to make more shots is just lunacy. They are a bad shooting team. Maybe once every three games they make a decent amount of shots. It's called averages.

Speaking on that...why does Dolezaj continue his refusal to shoot? He passed up this shot of which you speak about 10 times yesterday as did Moyer. It might have changed the game to a 6 or 7 point loss if they had just taken the wide open ones.

He did make a couple. Sometimes that's all it takes.

The offense should be modified to adapt to what's out there BUT, it most definitely is shooting.

It's unacceptable to have two forwards who can't shoot the 3 ball. Marek and Moyer are unplayable on offense when your center also can't shoot. If we had Lydon at the 5, Moyer or Marek could play, but not with Chukwu/Sidibe.

Making matters worse is that Frank/Battle/OB are all adequate and none of them are great shooters.

In modern basketball 4 out of your 5 players on the court at any given time need to be able to shoot the 3. Us having both a Forward and Center who can't shoot, at all times, is unacceptable roster construction.

If you're referring to Dolezaj, his hesitancy to shoot the ball impacts his ability to score and be effective there. We also need ball movement and penetration. Our offense against the zone is awful, almost like playing against a zone is foreign to us.

I thought the move by JB to put Frank in the high post was interesting, even though it was completely ineffective. I wonder if Frank ever even did that in practice. It was refreshing to see JB try that wrinkle. That said, I don't like our base offense. Perhaps if we can use Baz outside AND inside in the post, the offense will look better. Need a healthy Bourama too.

If you're referring to Dolezaj, his hesitancy to shoot the ball impacts his ability to score and be effective there. We also need ball movement and penetration. Our offense against the zone is awful, almost like playing against a zone is foreign to us.

I thought the move by JB to put Frank in the high post was interesting, even though it was completely ineffective. I wonder if Frank ever even did that in practice. It was refreshing to see JB try that wrinkle. That said, I don't like our base offense. Perhaps if we can use Baz outside AND inside in the post, the offense will look better. Need a healthy Bourama too.

Yeah, he probably saw what Pinson did maybe and tried Frank in there. Pinson is a better athlete and bouncier guy in there. NC St.’s guards shredded our zone with dribble penetration making plays for themselves and others. Disappointing we couldn’t really do much in that sense or at least try harder.

Left knee was clearly hurting. We are an absolute mess, between the injuries and the lack of depth.
I think the injuries and lack of depth may be related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom