The special bond of Cuse Fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The special bond of Cuse Fans

Is the orange crate the new great cuse bar? Went there before the clemson and bc football games. It was awesome

I saw that at the St. Bonaventure game and was very intrigued but it looked way too crowded and we werent really up for that. We went to the Sheraton instead. Looking forward to making my first visit there soon though. With Chucks gone, there’s a big void to fill.

No, no, no... CNY/Cuse fans are only fair weather in the fall. They/we are hardcore and diehard in the winter.

Pft, try to keep up...

I think there’s a lot of diehard SU b-ball fans that are also diehard football fans...for whatever NFL team they like.

For whatever reason, it’s in the culture. I know so many CNY sports fans who are all College hoops and NFL. NBA and college football - not so much.

I saw that at the St. Bonaventure game and was very intrigued but it looked way too crowded and we werent really up for that. We went to the Sheraton instead. Looking forward to making my first visit there soon though. With Chucks gone, there’s a big void to fill.
Revisit during football, the bar spills outside, great gameday college atmosphere

Revisit during football, the bar spills outside, great gameday college atmosphere

Nice. Yeah, fall is a whole different ballgame. It was nasty out for the Bonnies game, so was looking to get indoors as quickly as possible and wanted a bar where I could take off the winter coat, have room to move, and could get a beer quickly. Looked like there was a good atmosphere in the Orange Crate before the Bonnies game though. I had no idea that was there, glad to see a new option.

I think there’s a lot of diehard SU b-ball fans that are also diehard football fans...for whatever NFL team they like.

For whatever reason, it’s in the culture. I know so many CNY sports fans who are all College hoops and NFL. NBA and college football - not so much.
I think that phenomenon is more a function of losing 2/3 of your games the past 16 years than a passion for/against NFL vs College Football.

I firmly believe if the football program can get back to 1987-1998 levels, the fans will be just as diehard on the gridiron as they are on the hardwood. In fact many of the people I graduated with (‘04) have expressly voiced this opinion. There is a lot of pent up fandom just waiting to explode!

Again, just my opinion. I know some people subscribe to your theory, I just think winning cures what ails us!

No, no, no... CNY/Cuse fans are only fair weather in the fall. They/we are hardcore and diehard in the winter.

Pft, try to keep up...
That hasn't really been tested in the last 50 years. What would it be like if we strung together some ten win seasons on the hardwood?

Down here in ACC country, the only fans with a worse rep than Syracuse fans are NC State fans.
It's because we generally bring more fans to away games than they are used too. And...

We have a huge fan base that lives in NYC. It's a city where people walk fast, talk fast, work hard, play hard and who are competitive as hell..because they have to be to survive...and they aren't afraid to be verbal in expressing their fandom. Those NYC fans bring that energy when they travel.

And if you live in NYC, you tend to make more $, have more disposable income, and there's a direct flight to every city in America - making it an easy road trip. They really are more representative of our road fans that the locals in Syracuse.

When we joined the ACC, the triangle never anticipated we'd travel so well. They quickly learned we weren't Boston College - who can't fill a HS gym. And holy cow do those type A NYC, in your face, fans really make them feel uncomfortable. REALLY uncomfortable. Especially in Petticoat Junction.

Boeheim's comments about Greensboro really drove that home. He prefers NYC. He was in essence saying "I like it loud and in your face"...exactly what makes them uneasy.

Saw a bunch of UNC fans in NYC when we played them a few years back. They were shocked, appalled, and frankly intimidated by our fans.

Our fans are awesome. Think about this, we had a rival school SIX HOURS AWAY change ticket selling rules to keep us out.

It's because we generally bring more fans to away games than they are used too. And...

We have a huge fan base that lives in NYC. It's a city where people walk fast, talk fast, work hard, play hard and who are competitive as hell..because they have to be to survive...and they aren't afraid to be verbal in expressing their fandom. Those NYC fans bring that energy when they travel.

And if you live in NYC, you tend to make more $, have more disposable income, and there's a direct flight to every city in America - making it an easy road trip. They really are more representative of our road fans that the locals in Syracuse.

When we joined the ACC, the triangle never anticipated we'd travel so well. They quickly learned we weren't Boston College - who can't fill a HS gym. And holy cow do those type A NYC, in your face, fans really make them feel uncomfortable. REALLY uncomfortable. Especially in Petticoat Junction.

Boeheim's comments about Greensboro really drove that home. He prefers NYC. He was in essence saying "I like it loud and in your face"...exactly what makes them uneasy.

Saw a bunch of UNC fans in NYC when we played them a few years back. They were shocked, appalled, and frankly intimidated by our fans.

Our fans are awesome. Think about this, we had a rival school SIX HOURS AWAY change ticket selling rules to keep us out.

All of that may be true. It's also true that Syracuse fans tend to be loud, drunk, rude and obnoxious. That doesn't really go over well in "Petticoat Junction." Neither does the NYC types looking down there noses at, and the people that live in, places like Greensboro. It's not a scathing criticism, more of an observation. Most of you are , just admit it. ;)

All of that may be true. It's also true that Syracuse fans tend to be loud, drunk, rude and obnoxious. That doesn't really go over well in "Petticoat Junction." Neither does the NYC types looking down there noses at, and the people that live in, places like Greensboro. It's not a scathing criticism, more of an observation. Most of you are , just admit it. ;)
When you're loud and obnoxious, people assume your rude (or drunk). And Heck, most of our NYC fans look down on Syracuse (as a city).

Southern fans are weird and insecure...we get that rep because we are Yankees.

They love passive aggressive and smiling in your face and will talk crap after you walk away.

Being a Yankee is not usually what I hear about Syracuse fans. The loud, drunk and rude criticisms are mentioned most often. Which puts most of us in the company of NC State fans. And what you call "passive aggressive" is usually called being polite. Apparently it's a southern thing.

Being a Yankee is not usually what I hear about Syracuse fans. The loud, drunk and rude criticisms are mentioned most often. Which puts most of us in the company of NC State fans. And what you call "passive aggressive" is usually called being polite. Apparently it's a southern thing.
The most passive agressive expression in the English language is "Bless your heart".

The southern translation is eeefff -uuu.

I can't recall anyone down here actually saying "Bless your heart" to me. But the same to the both of you.

I can't recall anyone down here actually saying "Bless your heart" to me. But the same to the both of you.
I had a lady pushing 70 tell me back in 2014 she hated us because her Dad told her Yankees are awful. Her husband played football with Piccillo sp? and was embarrassed by her though.

All of that may be true. It's also true that Syracuse fans tend to be loud, drunk, rude and obnoxious.
It's not like we are the only fan base in America to hold this distinction.
upload_2017-12-29_20-57-51.gif

Down here in ACC country, the only fans with a worse rep than Syracuse fans are NC State fans.

Clemson fans literally booed every Syracuse injury in a 16-6 game like it was slowing down their offense.

Adios here with that BS. moronic.

Is the orange crate the new great cuse bar? Went there before the clemson and bc football games. It was awesome

Can’t complain about it. Very college bar. But fun.

I think it's the "loud" part that worries you.

And it should.

We will continue to take over your arenas.

No apologies. If you don't like it, get off your sorry azz and make some noise.

I think it's the "loud" part that worries you.

And it should.

We will continue to take over your arenas.

No apologies. If you don't like it, get off your sorry azz and make some noise.

Sorry, Shocker Chuck, you have mistaken me for the opposition. Don't get pissy with me for simply repeating what is already well known.

Sorry, Shocker Chuck, you have mistaken me for the opposition. Don't get pissy with me for simply repeating what is already well known.

I'll get pissy with you any time I choose. Feel lucky that I've even responded to you.

People who talk about what is "well known" tend to be dolts, and you seem to fit the profile.

I'll get pissy with you any time I choose. Feel lucky that I've even responded to you.

People who talk about what is "well known" tend to be dolts, and you seem to fit the profile.
Well, bless your little heart now, sugar, I declare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom