The Syracuse Dunk Tape | Syracusefan.com

The Syracuse Dunk Tape

Aggressive M2M defense, full court pressure when it wasn't desperate trunk monkey, running the break, alley oops over the top. Man I hope we get to see some of that again. This was when I became a fan and it was such fun basketball.

As an aside, does anyone know how to run a fast break anymore? So often now I see guys miss while trying to finsh over/through someone when they have a wide open teammate on the side or trailing. So few college players know how to set someone else up like those guys did in that video.

Last edited:
Aggressive M2M defense, full court pressure when it wasn't desperate trunk monkey, running the break, alley oops over the top. Man I hope we get to see some of that again. This was when I became a fan and it was such fun basketball.

As an aside, does anyone know how to run a fast break anymore? So often now I see guys miss while trying to finsh over/through someone when they have a wide open teammate on the side or trailing. So few college players know how to set someone else up like those guys did in that video.
Rony, DC, Harried, Stevie, Billy, Dave Johnson. You had players who could play defense, and run the floor. They also made passes to set up teammates.
When one of them was close to the basket the other side backdoor was open, and Sherm would throw it up.
Truly was a fun time, just too bad Pearl didn't stay for his last year. He and Sherm would have destroyed Most teams.

A long way from a passive zone and 20 seconds of dribbling to get a pull-up jumper.

Rony, DC, Harried, Stevie, Billy, Dave Johnson. You had players who could play defense, and run the floor. They also made passes to set up teammates.
When one of them was close to the basket the other side backdoor was open, and Sherm would throw it up.
Truly was a fun time, just too bad Pearl didn't stay for his last year. He and Sherm would have destroyed Most teams.
Sherm would have transferred out. He almost did his freshman year. They were both lead point guards, not shooting guards.

The passing is eye-opening, in every way. Interior passing, transition via outlet, transition via diagonal cross-court pass, knowing angles, knowing where a teammate should be, knowing where the passer wants you to be, sensing when the defense is cheating/leaning/overloaded.

That's amazing to watch.

The passing is eye-opening, in every way. Interior passing, transition via outlet, transition via diagonal cross-court pass, knowing angles, knowing where a teammate should be, knowing where the passer wants you to be, sensing when the defense is cheating/leaning/overloaded.

That's amazing to watch.
And it wasn't just Sherm doing it. Everyone did. Were they just better players or did we teach it better back then?

Not sure 87 is as successful if pearl stayed honestly.

That's amazing to watch.
Fun to see guards dunking. Glad we had Judah return us to that territory

Sherm would have transferred out. He almost did his freshman year. They were both lead point guards, not shooting guards.
freshman sherm had to sit behind JR pearl. talk about wealth of talent.
wanna put more butts in the seats ? pick up the tempo. make it a show.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom