The System Is Crashing | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The System Is Crashing

Interesting. They had improved. Maybe they peaked. There starting point was low.

Good thoughts and concerns throughout this thread. Thanks to Jordoo for starting. I am pretty much inline with many of the posts. I just can not get my head around this whole NIL thing. What will happen to the student athlete? Some of these NIL deals are coming up with more money than playing professionally. Hard to see how a team will be constructed with few players making big dollars, others some dollars and several no money at all. Have we lost reason for going to college? It is going to be like the wild west as wealthy donors, plus the portal system, move players from team to team. We have sure gone a long way from getting a few NIL bucks for your image on a cereal box! Yes the system is crashing but hopefully what we are accustomed to as college basketball will return void the few money greedy "play for pay" colleges.
The SEC will do away with Student Athletes within 5 years.
They can have semi-pro teams because their fans will still pack the Stadiums.
Pro sports are not as big in the south.
Their tradition is college football.

I agree with you. NIL is different but not that vast a change from the previous unchecked enhancements. Aggression off the court will win and that is the only real concern I have. The school seems to be more afraid of the NCAA than I think it should be but two strikes will do that.

In regard to the OP's comments about the quality of play - the problem with basketball in this country is that the youth programs (AAU) are more interested in making money and not developing players. I do not believe it is a fluke that the best players in the NBA (Giannis, Joker, Luka) are foreign where the focus is on how to play not how to score.
I guess I hear what you're saying to a point but I mean what I want? What would be doing that is any different than any other school? I'm not so sure that we have The resources Up here for the NCAA to notice. Especially compared to other schools

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom