the talent issue was not the difference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

the talent issue was not the difference

There was certainly a talent difference but there were blown coverages, too. Nobody should be open by 20 yards.

This look their wrs are fast but it looked like we were blowing coverage the whole first half. I'm just wondering if they are still running the zone read to jarome that is really just a handoff I really felt there was a lot to be desired in terms of offensives creativity.

For such a huge talent discrepancy our defense has possibly 4 future NFL players in Lyn, Bromley, Davis, and Reddish who was hurt. This defense is too talented to be getting gouged play after play where the qb just plays pitch and catch with a receiver open by at least 10 yards. I'm sorry, but that's not all talent. We were throwing all sorts of kamakazie blitzes at them it wasn't like Boyd was sitting back there for 5 or 6 seconds and picking us apart, he was throwing quick hits to WIDE OPEN receivers. Same thing happened against Northwestern would you argue they were that much more talented then our defense? I don't care how talented you are you don't get open by that much unless there is a total breakdown in your scheme, and even that should maybe happen a couple times a game, not every other play. It seems we blitz 2 or 3 guys every time with our db's in zone coverage, and it doesn't work agianst good teams. I at least can accept the play that Anderson got toasted by Watkins. That right there was talent, but since we were in man at least he had a chance on the ball. Our man coverage is much much better, and at least we are in the vicinity, but we seem to be in man only 10% of the time. A lot of the defensive issues are schemes.

Offense is totally out manned at this point, no arguing that. Especially at WR. Their cb's took turns putting West in a blanket in press man coverage. He didn't have a chance. The only one that can match their athleticism today was Broyld, who just happened to be the only one getting open.

I don't know know how Lynn has any chance. He was god awful I that fame. Did he ever make even one play?

not sure the D line got pushed around . mid 4th quarter clemson had like 25 rushes for 75 yds.. the speed issue showed up at times. but really most of the big killer plays were just bonehead coverage issues
Upper deck is correct to some degree. We did give up 4 first half tds on blown coverages. Not sure why that keeps happening. I think it's players being nervous and not making the right decision. I know whigam was responsible for 2 of those plays. Also there was no safety in sight either.

Ov
For such a huge talent discrepancy our defense has possibly 4 future NFL players in Lyn, Bromley, Davis, and Reddish who was hurt. This defense is too talented to be getting gouged play after play where the qb just plays pitch and catch with a receiver open by at least 10 yards. I'm sorry, but that's not all talent. We were throwing all sorts of kamakazie blitzes at them it wasn't like Boyd was sitting back there for 5 or 6 seconds and picking us apart, he was throwing quick hits to WIDE OPEN receivers. Same thing happened against Northwestern would you argue they were that much more talented then our defense? I don't care how talented you are you don't get open by that much unless there is a total breakdown in your scheme, and even that should maybe happen a couple times a game, not every other play. It seems we blitz 2 or 3 guys every time with our db's in zone coverage, and it doesn't work agianst good teams. I at least can accept the play that Anderson got toasted by Watkins. That right there was talent, but since we were in man at least he had a chance on the ball. Our man coverage is much much better, and at least we are in the vicinity, but we seem to be in man only 10% of the time. A lot of the defensive issues are schemes.

Offense is totally out manned at this point, no arguing that. Especially at WR. Their cb's took turns putting West in a blanket in press man coverage. He didn't have a chance. The only one that can match their athleticism today was Broyld, who just happened to be the only one getting open.[/quot.
overall very accurate post. I think that our DBS are getting confused when we are in zone coverage. Didn't happen in the second half though. I honestly think it's nerves to some degree.

for all the first half issues there were really only 1-2 plays that had anything to do with talent. So many mistakes by the DBs that were just the same bad mistakes they made against NW. A couple plays in the whole half where we were out talented by the clemson offense. the biggest talent play the whole game was the long td pass where Watkins just ran right by the corner and pulled away.
I get that Clemson is better but there were too many plays where we were there but seemed scared to just get the ball. When they run by us, ok fine, but there were too many big plays that could still be problems against less talented teams

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They were bigger, faster and stronger than us....but the refs sure didn't do us any favors. Every call went against us in the first 3 quarters. They were holding, blocking in the back and their receivers/dbs were pushing off. No argument they are the clearly the better team, but the Refs made the very difficult task of beating them impossible.

Agree with the assessment on the refs. With all the pushing off of their WR's I thought Michael Irvin was playing again.

I could go back and watch the game and I will, thier WR blocking on the bubble screens were holding on every play. Obvious to me in the third tier but never called by a ref 20 feet away.

Welcome to the ACC.

Unfortunately I'm wide awake. I'm not denying they aren't more talented because they are, but I have a bad feeling this won't be the last time were complaining about offenses playing pitch and catch against us. Happened 3 times already this season and they all weren't as talented as Clemson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Unfortunately I'm wide awake. I'm not denying they aren't more talented because they are, but I have a bad feeling this won't be the last time were complaining about offenses playing pitch and catch against us. Happened 3 times already this season and they all weren't as talented as Clemson

-
I think they should install a dislike button, so I can click it for this post. Simply because you are probably right.