The team we expected is emerging? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The team we expected is emerging?

That last part didn't happen due to the solid home cooking from the refs.
I still find it amazing - AMAZING!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! - that Mooney didn't pick up a single foul the entire game until it was almost over (and their other big only had 2), while our 3 Bigs had 5, 5, and 3.
Hmmm... :rolleyes:
Officiating is my biggest concern going forward. I think winning 10 conference games will be enough and this team has the talent to pull it off. I don’t know if we can overcome this kind of officiating on a regular basis, though.

How long are we going to give Frank excuses? Yes, I see a little improvement but I have never been a believer in Frank and think Carey might make more mistakes but is more dynamic and will make for a better team by the end of the year if we utilize him more.
Frank's a capo, he is the alpha dog and boss. The other guys are talented basketball athletes. He is the floor general.

How long are we going to give Frank excuses? Yes, I see a little improvement but I have never been a believer in Frank and think Carey might make more mistakes but is more dynamic and will make for a better team by the end of the year if we utilize him more.

Excuses? Reasons aren’t excuses. And Carey over Frank as a PG?

If he gets 13 quality looks from 3, having 6 go in is not insane shooting.

He is a good shooter.

That percentage would be the best three point percentage of all time. I'd say that's pretty insane shooting.

We'll some people have been making excuses for him for 2 years or more, it's not going to stop.

I respect your optimism, but I want to see us win some quality games without Elijah going insane from deep before I think we are a tourney-level team.
Hughes is cool and smooth. Never gets upset or overly pumped. Boeheim said he’s offensively gifted. So did the Boeheim army guys. Hughes shoots effortlessly and as op said he’s now comfy and confident. Powerful combo. He also now understands his role.

I am very optimistic and hope you will be soon too.

for this team to emerge, it starts with oshae and frank playing as well as they did last season. if that happens, then we can move on to other issues.
That's the key.

Meanwhile...people keep talking about how few free throws the Orange got against ND.
But going into the game they were tied for second in D1 for the fewest team fouls per game...just 0.1 fouls a game behind leader Michigan.
Keeping opponents off the line is one way they've stayed competitive despite injuries.

I respect your optimism, but I want to see us win some quality games without Elijah going insane from deep before I think we are a tourney-level team.

The talent is there for us to be an effective tourney team. I don't doubt that.

If he keeps playing 9 guys in the first half every game, the bench is going to improve, and the starters won't be gassed and more likely to get hurt.

They will also shoot better if they aren't tired, and if we continue to move on offense and penetrate the lane.

The ND win was a big one. Even though some might think they are down this year, winning at the Joyce Center is not an easy thing to do.

According to KenPom we are going to be favored 8 out of our next 10 games. I prefer to think bigger than just the bubble.

Yes, our ACC schedule is back-loaded in terms of the tough games.
I think they do that on purpose to keep us in the conference race until the end of the season so they get some big ratings / big attendance games down the stretch.

That percentage would be the best three point percentage of all time. I'd say that's pretty insane shooting.
Apples and oranges.

I didn’t say over the course of a season. A season includes contested 3s, desperation threes, threes off pull ups; threes off movementetc...

He had one really tough make coming right from the top of the key where he had to square up. The other five were open where he had a clear look at the rim. Give a good shooter like EH wide open looks and 45% on those looks is not unreasonable.

That's the key.

Meanwhile...people keep talking about how few free throws the Orange got against ND.
But going into the game they were tied for second in D1 for the fewest team fouls per game...just 0.1 fouls a game behind leader Michigan.
Keeping opponents off the line is one way they've stayed competitive despite injuries.
we shot 29 treys and had no inside presence. not many trips to the line.
the refs are out to screw us line is getting old. every fan in the other jersey feels the same way.

Last edited:
we shot 29 treys and had no inside presence. not many trips to the line.
The only way I thought the refs screwed us against ND was on rebounding fouls. Yes, some were definitely fouls but some were very questionable. And I still think that call when we had the ND player trapped and he walked and then pushed off and WE were called for the foul was ridiculous.

If he did, I dam sure wouldn't consider that "insane".

It would be pretty insane for a player to hit 6 threes every game.

I swear some of you don't watch basketball on a regular basis.

It would be pretty insane for a player to hit 6 threes every game.

I swear some of you don't watch basketball on a regular basis.
First of all, if you get a chance to hoist 13 shots and you're a shooter like EH, hitting 6 wouldn't be insane, remember that insane was what we were talking about. I watch a ton of hoops, including attending plenty (on all levels) and give plenty of advice to a current D1 player. So I guess that wasn't directed towards me. Everyone on this board aren't idiots when it comes to ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom