the teams ND beat this season | Syracusefan.com

the teams ND beat this season

stuckinbig11

All American
had a combined record of 81-61. Stanford and Oklahoma were good, but everyone else was average or less.

Bama played Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and 1-10 Western Carolina. ND's schedule if you looked at it at the beginning of the season looked extremely difficult and overall like ours had no breathers which Bama had 3 of plus a crappy Arkansas and Auburn teams. If you can take weeks off it doesn't wear on you and let's add to actually travel to an actual away game out of your comfort zone as well.

alabama beat thos crappy teams by 30-40.. ND struggled against everyone.. the stars aligned and took a 6-6 team to the NC.. even USC tanked at the end to make it easy.

They were a missed 33-yard field goal by Pitt from last night's debacle being prevented.
They were also an incorrectly called replay review against Stanford away from not even being in the top 10. Yeah they finished undefeated, but they did not belong in that game last night. They would have been a good matchup against KState. 6th or 7th best team in the SEC (AL, GA, LSU, TAM, SC, FL)

alabama beat thos crappy teams by 30-40.. ND struggled against everyone.. the stars aligned and took a 6-6 team to the NC.. even USC tanked at the end to make it easy.

They allowed 10 points per game going into the championship game and beat 9 bowl teams, 10 if you count Miami. It's fun and easy to dump on Notre Dame, but they played an extremely tough schedule and won every game except Bama. 6-6? Seriously?

Bama played Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and 1-10 Western Carolina. ND's schedule if you looked at it at the beginning of the season looked extremely difficult and overall like ours had no breathers which Bama had 3 of plus a crappy Arkansas and Auburn teams.

Alabama also got to play a crappy team in their bowl game to pad their record.

Do you seriously think ND wouldn't crush those teams as well? No big ND fan at all but they did what they had to do and they beat everyone on their pre-made schedule. Look, Bama was better no doubt but saying ND's schedule wasn't that good is just wrong.

Differnece is Alabama played MAJOR heavyweights in LSU, Grorgia and aTm.

If I am Oregon I am pretty pissed off. They should have been in that game. They beat ND by at least 4 touchdowns.

The best teams ND played were Stanford and OU. ND beat Stanford, which is something Oregon did not do.

Someday I hope to be undefeated. And I hope I can still access this thread, I have a feeling people will have a different take. I wish last night was a better game too, but oh well. Anyone remember the title game in Alabama's recent run that was close? Lucky them, they get to play bad teams all the time.

Last night reminded me of Tennessee 1998. Luckiest team in the world. People thought FSU would win by double digits. Didn't work out that way.

Saban is basically unstoppable when has time to prepare. Why VT agreed to play them next year in the opener again is beyond me. Talk about starting your season off on the wrong foot.

4 team playoff will fix some of it. Because Saban will only have 1 week to prepare for the final.

The best teams ND played were Stanford and OU. ND beat Stanford, which is something Oregon did not do.

Yep. If I were Oregon, I'd be upset that I laid an egg against Stanford, who ND beat. That's basically the difference.

Yep. If I were Oregon, I'd be upset that I laid an egg against Stanford, who ND beat. That's basically the difference.

They really didnt lay an egg. Lost in OT on a controversial call and ND won in OT on a controversial call.

Someday I hope to be undefeated. And I hope I can still access this thread, I have a feeling people will have a different take. I wish last night was a better game too, but oh well. Anyone remember the title game in Alabama's recent run that was close? Lucky them, they get to play bad teams all the time.

Last night reminded me of Tennessee 1998. Luckiest team in the world. People thought FSU would win by double digits. Didn't work out that way.

Saban is basically unstoppable when has time to prepare. Why VT agreed to play them next year in the opener again is beyond me. Talk about starting your season off on the wrong foot.

4 team playoff will fix some of it. Because Saban will only have 1 week to prepare for the final.

Ohio State was the year they beat Miami as well. Sometimes you get a break and sometimes SEC refs make one for you.

had a combined record of 81-61. Stanford and Oklahoma were good, but everyone else was average or less.

Stanford barely beat a 5 loss Big Ten team in the Rose Bowl.

OU was manhandled by Texas A&M in the Cotton.

The best team in the country was Texas A&M, the stars just didn't align or them the way they did ND.

They were tough no doubt, sometimes stuff happens and when certain plays are made or not made you lose.

They really didnt lay an egg. Lost in OT on a controversial call and ND won in OT on a controversial call.

Which is why I don't think there's overwhelming data that says Oregon would have faired any better last night. Best matchup probably would have been a rematch with Johnny Football. Or a rematch with Georgia.

The best team in the country was Texas A&M, the stars just didn't align or them the way they did ND.
Don't think A&M would have beat Bama in a rematch, though...

stanford that played ND was a different team than beat Oregon.. they benched the qb and went undefeated after the ND game.

ND went undefeated but struggled in 2-3 games against mediocre teams in games they could have just as well lost. If somebody like Louisville had the exact same record against the exact same teams, would they have been ranked #1 and playing in the game last night? Absolutely not. ND gets different treatment because they are ND.

So what?

Geez, I hate ND as much as the next guy, but they're a major program that went undefeated. That gets you into the national title game.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom