The Tragedy of Acting Like You've Been There Before | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Tragedy of Acting Like You've Been There Before

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I try to have loads of enjoyment with every single thing I do (even work!) because enjoyment to the 10th power = infinity, or some such thing. And it streeeeeeetches out time, and for those of us who are getting on the fuller end of that hourglass, that is a great thing.

I have a funny story I'd like to share (these types of anecdotes prolong our enjoyment). My step-sis-in-law was flying from Houston to Boston during the Duke game. I rarely talk college bball with her because she's not that into it. Somehow, she found the game on Direct TV during the flight and watched it with ear plugs on. When Duke hit that three to send it into overtime, she yelled, "NOOOOOOOO!" and believe me, the plane became very alert. She had to assure the attendant and fellow passengers that all was well.

Anyone else have a funny story?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I try to have loads of enjoyment with every single thing I do (even work!) because enjoyment to the 10th power = infinity, or some such thing. And it streeeeeeetches out time, and for those of us who are getting on the fuller end of that hourglass, that is a great thing.

I have a funny story I'd like to share (these types of anecdotes prolong our enjoyment). My step-sis-in-law was flying from Houston to Boston during the Duke game. I rarely talk college bball with her because she's not that into it. Somehow, she found the game on Direct TV during the flight and watched it with ear plugs on. When Duke hit that three to send it into overtime, she yelled, "NOOOOOOOO!" and believe me, the plane became very alert. She had to assure the attendant and fellow passengers that all was well.

Anyone else have a funny story?

So my son who is 13 and a rabid fan because of me is starting to get the semi-swear bug. I rarely swear in his presence and often sound like the dad on a Christmas Story. As he has gotten older however (especially during SU sporting events) a word or two has slipped out.

Well when Soulaimon hit the shot to tie I hear him yell "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuk" and he gives a double middle finger salute towards the court. Part of me wanted to strangle him and part of me wanted to hug him. Without making a scene I leaned over and in his ear "discussed" what the heck did you just say/do, why you dont do that and to never ever do it again.

After we very briefly chatted I had to bite my lip otherwise he would have seen me laughing.

Kids.

Last edited:
So my son who is 13 and a rabid fan because of me is starting to get the semi-swear bug. I rarely swear in his presence and often sound like the dad on a Christmas Story. As he has gotten older however (especially during SU sporting events) a word or two has slipped out.

Well when Soulaimon hit the shot to tie I hear him yell "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuk" and he gives a double middle finger salute towards the court. Part of me wanted to strangle him and part of me wanted to hug him. Without making a scene I leaned over and in his ear "discussed" what the heck did you just say/do, why you dont do that and to never ever do it again.

After we very briefly chatted I had to bite my lip otherwise he would have seen me laughing.

Kids.
dude you've have a lot of great moments and posts on here....that one is GOLD my friend Gold!

This is exactly why I HATE when people talk about not getting excited until their team wins a championship. Because chances are, they won't. People should relish the great moments, just immerse themselves in them really.

dude you've have a lot of great moments and posts on here...that one is GOLD my friend Gold!
thats-gold-jerry.png

This is exactly why I HATE when people talk about not getting excited until their team wins a championship. Because chances are, they won't. People should relish the great moments, just immerse themselves in them really.

Seriously, this is supposed to be fun and a distraction. Being ranked #1 is freaking awesome. Winning a game like we got to enjoy Saturday night is freaking awesome. The whole build up to the game with "Beat Duke" tshirts and on buses, signs at the airport and a billboard are just great fun. Why would anyone want to deliberately minimize the amount of fun they have with one of their passions - which I'm assuming this is a passion for anyone who cares enough about any team to post on a sports message board.

Halftime t-shirts....LOL

I agree...I think the older you get you drop alot of those inhibitions about what other people think of you
Never understood the infatuation w UCONN on here

Dance Round Man Dance

OO44

A friend of mine astutely pointed out...if you are actually able to storm the court you may not be partying like a true fan !!!

OO44

Preach Charco! Not only how to be a fan but how to live your life. Why suppress joy in an effort to be "cool"? If I put this post on a plaque will you sign it for me?

Why would anyone want to deliberately minimize the amount of fun they have with one of their passions

Well, drinking copious amounts of alcohol is one of my passions(especially when I know I'm going to be on here), but my doctor warned me of the potential consequences. I suppose that's one of those 50/50 calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom