the transfer game | Syracusefan.com

the transfer game

dasher

Living Legend
team A. Leron Ellis, Wes Johnson, Silent G., Leo Rautins, Fred Saunders

team B. Richard Manning, Keith Hughes, Earl Dunkin (sp)., Matt Roe, Glen Sequnda

I think that is as good as both teams can get. I think team B whips team A

team B. Richard Manning, Keith Hughes, Earl Dunkin (sp)., Matt Roe, Glen Sequnda

I might make Bobby Lazor the power forward on Team B. He did two years at Arizona State Univ. and averaged 16.8 / 7.8 the first and 18 / 8.7 the second. He was also the Playboy Anson Mount Scholar Athete of the Year and an Academic All American First Team selection for 98-99.

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=208247348

edit: cpatrocks beat me to this by about half a second.

team A doesn't have a point guard. Give them Mike Lloyd, who only played one season but was pretty solid at the point, and the A Team takes it

team A doesn't have a point guard. Give them Mike Lloyd, who only played one season but was pretty solid at the point, and the A Team takes it
I'm really looking at d-1 transfers

what wrong with a team of three 3s and two 4s?

Mike G. is a better PG than anyone on B.

team B = a bunch of flunkies except Roe.

Drop Saunders, add Blackwell, and let Leo and Silent G man the backcourt. Team A is the stronger team. It has the two best players (Wes and Leo).

Drop Saunders, add Blackwell, and let Leo and Silent G man the backcourt. Team A is the stronger team. It has the two best players (Wes and Leo).
Why? Saunders was better.

Because I'm too "young" to remember Saunders, so I can't evaluate Team A with him in it. My fandom only goes back to 1976.

Saunders played in'74
I was seven, with a father who didn't follow sports (I actually got him interested in sports instead of the other way around).

Leo? I understand he played F but could easily play PG. Best passer I ever saw on the hill. Between Leo and G the back court would be fine.

Right...so he would be 6th man on team A.

Add George Papodakis (sp?) to team B as a reserve.
If Team B gets Papadakos them Team A should get Ethan Cole!

And Team A would roll over Team B.

Whoa! I'm impressed. Fred Saunders was one of Roy's runts and hardly played for us. Just part of one year, but he was very good. Excellent selection.

I think Team A wins handily. All NBA pros but Silent G.