The Twilight Zone marathon... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Twilight Zone marathon...

It's back tomorrow morning, beginning with the Motion Picture. The wife and I started our own marathon a couple of days ago. Hulu has all five seasons. Netflix is still missing season 4.
The entire series is available on DVD for under $50 on Amazon.

Who watches DVDs anymore? ;)
If I may go on a mini-rant...

As streaming becomes more and more popular, I actually think it's very smart to buy DVDs. Reason being is that streaming services and digital downloads don't represent "real" ownership. You need something physical to really own something, otherwise your "ownership" relies on external dependencies that could be taken away or jeopardized at any time.

So, if you're really a big Twilight Zone fan... I'd say the way to go is to own the DVDs.

As streaming becomes more and more popular, I actually think it's very smart to buy DVDs. Reason being is that streaming services and digital downloads don't represent "real" ownership. You need something physical to really own something, otherwise your "ownership" relies on external dependencies that could be taken away or jeopardized at any time.

So, if you're really a big Twilight Zone fan... I'd say the way to go is to own the DVDs.
"Real ownership" isn't important to me. If Apple Music and iTunes go away, I'll just buy what I want again.

I agree. For those things one really cherishes, I think it's a good idea to physically possess it.

"Real ownership" isn't important to me. If Apple Music and iTunes go away, I'll just buy what I want again.
I think the time isn't far off where you won't be able to buy some things very easily.

I agree. For those things one really cherishes, I think it's a good idea to physically possess it.
The last three computers I have purchased didn't include CD/DVD/BlueRay drives. Physical media are fun for collecting (just like I do with vinyl records), but they are on the bullet train to antiquation.

The last three computers I have purchased didn't include CD/DVD/BlueRay drives. Physical media are fun for collecting (just like I do with vinyl records), but they are on the bullet train to antiquation.
Yes, I know. I'm suggesting that real ownership of media is on the bullet train to antiquation.

Yes, I know. I'm suggesting that real ownership of media is on the bullet train to antiquation.
which is fine with me, it's weird for people to own other people's intellectual property anyway

Why would something for which there is demand not be sold?
You seem pretty cool with digital ownership or licensing, so that's fine. I just think the terms of digital ownership are hugely slanted towards the seller and the potential for the buyer to get hosed is high. Your comments suggest you don't see it that way, which is fine. I'm just a caveman on this topic.

All great choices. Two of my favorites are "A Hundred Yards Over the Rim" and "Walking Distance" but there are so many excellent episodes.
Walking Distance is one of my favorites as well. If you didn't notice, Martin goes back in time through the mirror of the vending machine at the gas station and comes out in the past through the mirror at the soda shop. He goes back to the present by the spinning off the merry go round and back to the soda shop through the spinning record of the juke box. Frances Ford Coppola also used the mirror metaphor in Peggy Sue Got Married. In the end when Peggy Sue and Charlie are talking they are actually in the hospital room mirror and Coppola pans back from the mirror to show them at the bed to bring them back to the present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom