The Ultimate Irony | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Ultimate Irony

When we finally get some scoring on offense (McDonald out – Lester in), the defense has an uncharacteristically poor season thus far. With a typical SS defense, I truly believe it’s very difficult to argue against the fact that we would be sitting at no less than 6-3 right now, including a win over LSU.

HCSS has I believe, demonstrated that a capable defense is standard. This year is to me is an aberration as far as the defense is concerned.

And now, I have confidence that the offense will be even more improved next season.

This my friends is a recipe for success. But we must stay the course. Don’t blow this by getting who knows who in here and pressing the big red reset button all over again!

Every now and then a school might find the coach who can quickly turn things around. Yes, it’s happened. But in my opinion, the odds are better that this will not happen. And even if it does happen, just how long do you think this “miracle” coach will stick around? Please don’t try to convince me that SU can keep him. It’s just not going to happen.

I don’t feel that SS would quickly leave if he became a hot commodity. He might, but I do think there is a much greater chance that he would reward the University for its loyalty to him. I could see him being here for quite a while.

Yes, believe me when I say I feel the same pain that many others are feeling with the losses piling up. I was very upset over the poor clock management, last week’s fake field goal, and the decision to have ED in the game. But…if we were 6-3, we would not be seeing the these get blown out of proportion as they are now, and we would not be seeing pitchforks in the air as we do now.

I think that the SS and TL can and will grow and mature in their positions. It doesn’t happen overnight though.

I certainly could be proven all wrong. None of us know for certain what the future holds in this regard. These are simply my thoughts and I wanted to share them despite all the rhetoric already expressed on the topic.

Simply put, I believe the reasons at this time for him staying outweigh the reasons to let him go.

Order of importance:

1. Recruit character young men. Minimal off the field incidents.

2. Coaches’ character. (equal with 1)

3. Hard-Nosed. 110% effort. (man, I love a good defense!)

4. Wins

Go Orange!
Who knows who has to be better than what we already know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors